Similar words: shrank, paraphrase, hypopnea, pneumonia, sharpness, phrase, enthrall, enthralled. Meaning: ['ʃræpnl] n. shell containing lead pellets that explodes in flight.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He was hit in the arm by flying shrapnel.
(2) Twelve people were hit by shrapnel in the attack.
(3) He was hit by shrapnel from a grenade.
(4) Two people were hit by shrapnel.
(5) The bomb exploded, sending shrapnel whistling through the trees.
(6) The explosion sent shrapnel flying through the sides of cars on the crowded highway.
(7) The other victims-five women and two men-suffered shrapnel wounds.
(8) It was covered in scars caused by shrapnel.
(9) Many civilians suffered burns and shrapnel wounds.
(10) Ainslie, 56, suffered shrapnel wounds to his legs.
(11) Both animals had huge shrapnel wounds on their hindquarters.
(12) She incurred shrapnel wounds as well as third-degree burns.
(13) Lewis still had shrapnel in his lung.
(14) Nowhere to be seen when the shrapnel was flying.
(15) Two were hit by shrapnel from a mortar bomb at the weekend.
(16) Even if the shrapnel misses[sentencedict.com/shrapnel.html], the concussion will knock you down.
(17) The shrapnel shot through Tom's steel helmet and lodged in his temple during the epic fighting at Dunkirk.
(18) There was some shrapnel in one of his legs which they had never been able to get out.
(19) A piece of shrapnel had hit his cap badge and had penetrated the front of his skull.
(20) Nor did one put shrapnel into orbit around the base.
(21) Some had been killed outright by flying shrapnel, others had been badly wounded and had died slowly.
(22) It was a small piece of shrapnel, but it did a number on the left cheek of my hind end.
(23) He was wounded in both legs and severely peppered with shrapnel.
(24) A month later he took a half pound of shrapnel in the lower back and thighs.
(25) Trouble is, Piper, some people do not appreciate good music(sentencedict.com), especially when they are dodging flying shrapnel.
(26) This was the road where the bagpipes had been hit by a piece of shrapnel.
(27) The next three tracks lace brain-stretching riffs with quick, shrapnel rhythms.
(28) They generally crumble after the first flight, leaving the fans only handfuls of tortilla shrapnel for the throwing.
(29) He said 56 people had treatment at the hospital, mostly for shrapnel wounds.
(30) She left the funeral in agony with a huge shrapnel wound in her arm.