Synonym: cringe, flinch, funk, recoil, shrink, squinch, wince. Similar words: quaint, acquaint, acquainted, acquaintance, snail mail, ail, nail, bail. Meaning: [kweɪl] n. 1. flesh of quail; suitable for roasting or broiling if young; otherwise must be braised 2. small gallinaceous game birds. v. draw back, as with fear or pain.
Random good picture Not show
1. The very words make many of us quail.
2. Remove quail and keep warm on a serving platter.
3. Fried quail reaches new heights in this recipe.
4. Dip quail in cornstarch mixture until evenly coated.
5. Another quail returned the call from somewhere in front.
6. Place quail on lentils and surround with watercress sprigs.
7. Place chili on plate and top with quail.
8. Place quail alongside lettuces and top both with vinaigrette.
9. Season quail lightly with salt and pepper.
10. Top with quail and drizzle with vinaigrette.
11. Lightly rub spice mixture over skin of quail.
12. Place quail on greens and drizzle everything with vinaigrette.
12. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
13. Otherwise, plan on Cmnamon-Scented 2 quail per person.
14. It renders a particularly pleasing quality to quail, squab, and pheasant.
15. Sauteed quail livers with Madeira sauce are notorious in this regard.
16. Because transplanted quail cells will behave normally in chick embryos, she realized she had an invaluable natural marker.
17. Creatures like quail and the white-tailed deer, adjusting to man, have already shown recovery.
18. One quail per person will suffice if the side courses are prepared.
19. For his creation Malicki grills whole quail on long grapevine cuttings.
20. Should the man choose to chase the quail rather than shoot it, he would almost certainly still have his dinner.
21. Much confusion exists because quail are called partridge in the southern part of the United States.
22. Stir in reserved quail meat and raisins and adjust seasoning.
23. A more elegant and courtly preparation was quail in aspic, often served with foie gras or truMes.
24. Season with salt. Preheat oven 450 F.. Season quail with salt and pepper and rub with butter.
25. Combine remaining butter, mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon juice and slather over quail.
26. Is there some functional similarity with mate choice in quail?
27. She noticed that the nuclei of the cells of the quail embryo looked slightly different from those of the chick embryo.
28. But the whiff of a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich makes my stomach quail. Eat peanuts or suffer death-by-a-thousand cut5?
29. For decades the road remained a quiet spot for armadillo, quail, and gopher.
30. Place a dollop of relish on plates and top with quail.