Antonym: reward. Similar words: the death penalty, casualty, specialty, penance, faculty, alter, arena, wealth. Meaning: ['penltɪ] n. 1. the act of punishing 2. a payment required for not fulfilling a contract 3. the disadvantage or painful consequences of an action or condition 4. (games) a handicap or disadvantage that is imposed on a competitor (or a team) for an infraction of the rules of the game.
Random good picture Not show
1. They made him promise, under penalty of death.
2. The state death penalty law was nullified in 1977.
3. What is the penalty for dangerous driving?
4. Are you for or against the death penalty?
5. The prosecutor bayed for a death penalty.
6. Most of us are opposed to the death penalty.
7. We alone is the best penalty we originally fault how difficult.
8. There will be a penalty for late payment of bills.
9. I don't support the death penalty, but if people are to be executed, it should be done humanely.
10. Supporters of the death penalty argue that it would deter criminals from carrying guns.
11. An extra-time penalty gave Barcelona a last-gasp win over Chelsea.
12. Defenders of the death penalty clearly regard it as the ultimate deterrent.
13. The extreme penalty of the law in some countries is the death penalty.
14. The penalty clause specifies that late delivery will be fined.
15. A penalty in the last minute of the game levelled the score 22.
16. Some of the players claims a penalty but the referee told them to play on.
17. Murder still carries the death penalty .
18. The penalty for travelling without a ticket is ￡200.
19. Two minutes later Ford equalized with a penalty.
20. We were unlucky not to get a penalty.
21. Fishing in this pond is forbidden; penalty $5.
22. His most significant political achievement was the abolition of the death penalty.
23. Withdrawing the money early will result in a 10% penalty.
23. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. Thirteen people have been charged with treason — an offence which can carry the death penalty.
25. If you knock the ball with your hand in football, you will suffer a penalty.
26. He miskicked the ball twice at the edge of the penalty box.
27. If convicted for murder, both youngsters could face the death penalty.
28. He wasted a golden opportunity when he missed from the penalty spot.
29. It is easy to have an opinion on a moral issue like the death penalty for murder.
30. It is part of the contract that there is a penalty for late delivery.
More similar words: the death penalty, casualty, specialty, penance, faculty, alter, arena, wealth, health, enact, altogether, wealthy, enable, Senate, although, appeal to, senator, teenage, scenario, teenager, open, menagerie, spend, alternative, in the name of, happen, openly, pencil, maintenance, expense.