Synonym: arch, bend, curve. Similar words: flexor, flexible, flexibility, complex, perplex, triplex, perplexed, dyslexia. Meaning: [fleks] n. the act of flexing. v. 1. contract 2. exhibit the strength of 3. form a curve 4. bend a joint 5. cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form.
Random good picture Not show
1. Side cutters are useful for cutting electrical flex to length.
2. First, straighten your legs, then flex your feet.
3. The new role will allow Delaney to flex her acting muscles.
4. Take a comfortably wide stance and flex your knees a little.
5. The flex on this iron isn't long enough to reach the socket.
6. Now begin to flex your feet.
7. It also allows Delaney to flex her acting muscles.
8. He began to flex his political muscles.
9. They are likely to bend forward and flex the limbs in order to gain relief from the tightness. Very sore to touch.
10. She'd been strangled with some kind of flex or cord.
11. Isabel saw the powerful muscles of his shoulders flex beneath his tunic as he controlled whatever emotion was driving him.
12. Read in studio Finally tonight we're going to flex our muscles.
13. Now Rostov was amazed to see the Khan flex his hand so that the nails extended like claws.
14. The arms of the dead warrior seemed to flex, moved by heat,[http://sentencedict.com] twisted by the consuming flame.
15. The raft had to flex to survive, but there was a serious penalty: the constant movement produced tremendous abrasion.
16. Lying as shown, flex the foot and swing the top leg forwards and backwards 5 times.
17. Therese followed the fire flex along the stage and pulled the plug from the socket.
18. Their leg joints flex only slightly in the front-rear direction but exceedingly well at right angles to this.
19. If you are using an extension flex reel, always uncoil it fully to prevent it from overheating.
20. Replace any flexes that have damaged insulation with new flex of the correct type and current rating for the appliance concerned.
21. However, they sometimes flex with use and can be damaged by abrasive cleaners.
22. Lying as shown, flex the foot and swing the leg forwards and backwards 5 times.
23. Still with your arms straight, flex your hands and cross your arms low in front of you, hands together.
24. At the same time, it was beginning to flex its muscles on the world stage.
25. Stretch your arms out to the sides, flex both hands, and draw small, quick tight circles round one way.
26. Keeping the top leg straight, flex the foot and swing the leg forwards and backwards 5 times.
27. Through her hair, which now lay in a tangle about her face, she saw a pair of long legs flex.
28. If they are arthritic, their sight is poor, or they are subject to dizzy spells they may trip over the flex.
29. Suddenly Donald was tied to his chair with the flex from the lamp, the plug still attached.
30. This new position should give you the chance to really flex your muscles.