Similar words: molt, result in, multilingual, tinge, rating, voting, hunting, panting. Meaning: [məʊlt] n. periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles.
Random good picture Not show
1. Hardly a day goes by without Mrs Molt or one of her offspring calling around to borrow something.
2. Which Taiyuan family does the hospital molting?
3. The old cuticle is digested by molting fluid.
4. Molting is controlled by a hormone.
5. The material cast off during molting.
6. Each year, molting or dead crustaceans, fungi, and insects shed billions of metric tons of chitin.
7. The larvae grow very fast, molting their skins several times as they mature into adults.
8. Molting in insects is triggered by rising levels of a hormone called ecdysone.
9. Molting and metamorphosis are the typical developmental characters in holometabolous insects.
10. Amid the multitudes in sleek evening garb, the molting birds had the look of disheveled bounders or tipplers in moth-eaten raccoon coats.
11. Insect molting is an important process of growth and development controlled a cascade of insect hormones.
12. From these results, it was concluded that molting hormone 20-hydroxyecdysone could turn on programmed cell death of the silk gland during larval-pupal metamorphosis.
13. Their hair was in raggedy patches, for they were molting their thick winter coats.
14. For marine invertebrate, in particular, endogenous clock has been known to control semilunar rhythms of locomotor, reproductive and molting behaviors.
14. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. The shedding of an outer integument or layer of skin, as by insects, crustaceans, and snakes; molting.
16. Heffernan said he would consider putting them on his menu and was looking forward to getting some molting European green crabs to try in soft-shell crab recipes.
17. The firefly is a holometabolic insect, passing through the stages of being an egg, being a larva, molting , and pupation.
More similar words: molt, result in, multilingual, tinge, rating, voting, hunting, panting, fitting, setting, testing, posting, blotting, lighting, forgetting, existing, creating, awaiting, glinting, exciting, operating, shooting, parenting, unwitting, placating, reporting, wittingly, marketing, contingent, accounting.