Synonym: accommodation, adjustment, appointment, meet, try-on, trying on. Similar words: setting, forgetting, blotting, fit to, fit into, rating, voting, testing. Meaning: ['fɪtɪŋ] n. 1. making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances 2. a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system 3. (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel) 4. putting clothes on to see whether they fit. adj. 1. in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion 2. being precisely fitting and right.
Random good picture Not show
1. Where is the fitting room?
2. I'm going to a fitting tomorrow.
3. A solitary man, it was perhaps fitting that he should have died alone.
4. The new boat is a fitting monument to the crew members who lost their lives.
5. This boat has a special instrument fitting round the pole.
6. A fitting end to the meal would be a glass of port.
7. It is fitting that the new centre for European studies should be in a university that teaches every European language.
8. The award was a fitting tribute to her years of devoted work.
9. A properly fitting bra should never leave red marks.
10. The patient was still fitting.
11. Fitting continued for more than 5 minutes.
12. Badly fitting shoes are bound to rub.
13. He is fitting for the job.
14. The fitting in the kitchen takes a fluorescent bulb.
15. Tight fitting T-shirts are making a comeback.
16. I don't mind fitting my timetable round yours.
17. There is a window fitting in a casing.
18. It makes a fitting epitaph to a great career.
19. Fitting a burglar alarm is the most effective way to increase home security.
20. He clipped his safety belt to a fitting on the deck.
21. News of the robberies frightened many people into fitting new locks to their doors.
22. It is fitting that we should remember those who died.
23. I thought the memorial was a fitting tribute to the President.
24. This victory provided a fitting finale to a brilliant season for the club.
24. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
25. It seemed entirely fitting that she should be wearing black.
26. It is fitting that we should remember him on his birthday.
27. News of the award comes as a fitting postscript to a long and successful career.
28. Mr Harley is going to accompany his wife for a fitting on Wednesday.
29. The team's 31 victory in the final provided a fitting climax to a great season.
30. The plumber splayed the end of the pipe before fitting it over the next section.
More similar words: setting, forgetting, blotting, fit to, fit into, rating, voting, testing, hunting, shooting, parenting, exciting, creating, operating, existing, lighting, awaiting, marketing, reporting, continuing, accounting, devastating, distinguish, fascinating, excruciating, constructing, concentrating, unrelentingly, electroplating, little by little.