Random good picture Not show
1. The clergy prey on bereaved families.
2. All the local clergy attended the ceremony.
3. All clergy owed obedience to their superior.
4. The Polish clergy use their influence to polonize the people.
5. The clergy were the main persecutors of witches in the Middle Ages.
6. All the local clergy were asked to attend the ceremony.
7. Clergy and laity alike are divided in their views.
8. The clergy remain divided on the issue of women priests.
9. The new proposals affect both clergy and laity.
10. Some of the clergy refused to acknowledge the new king'slegitimacy.
11. These proposals met opposition from the clergy.
12. The military has accused the clergy of mixing religion and politics.
13. Those between clergy and musicians often spill over into the parish, and sides will be taken.
14. Clergy who revile homosexuality from the pulpit often turn around and take up collections and provide care for AIDS sufferers.
15. Theodora watched the senior clergy failing to respond.
16. The parish clergy had to give up their concubines and accept a higher degree of accountability for performance of their duties.
17. In recent years, the Kirk's senior clergy have consistently attacked Tory policies.
18. Many members of the clergy were murdered during the civil war.
19. Yesterday I attended a conference for the Edmonton Clergy on Marriage.
20. His advanced views made him unpopular with many of the clergy.http://sentencedict.com
21. The offerings made at the altars of papal churches were shared by the pope with the assisting clergy.
22. The Civil Wars remained a matter of conflict among the gentry and clergy.
23. There was widespread dissatisfaction too for the degenerate lifestyle into which many of the clergy had fallen.
24. The Archbishop of Canterbury has expressed concern at the refusal of some clergy to accept the vote of the Synod.
25. The Bishop takes an old-fashioned high church view on divorced clergy.
26. He was cared for by the Sisters of Mercy at the Horsforth home for retired clergy.
27. The papal reform tended to drive a wedge between the educated, celibate higher clergy, and the rank and file.
28. This has sometimes led to disputes between religious and secular clergy, between orders and bishops.
29. The policy of Decius's successor Valerian was to execute bishops and senior clergy so as to leave the Church leaderless.
30. Archbishop Stratford had protested not only against the manner of his trial but also against royal abuses of the clergy.