Synonym: action, activity, commotion, excitement, flurry, fuss, hubbub, noise, stir, to-do, trouble. Antonym: appease, compose, quiet, soothe. Similar words: whistle, robust, filibuster, little by little, bus, ghastly, mostly, costly. Meaning: ['bʌsl] n. 1. a rapid active commotion 2. a framework worn at the back below the waist for giving fullness to a woman's skirt. v. move or cause to move energetically or busily.
Random good picture Not show
1. The hustle and bustle of the city.
2. I love the hustle and bustle of the marketplace.
3. Tell the children to bustle up.
4. We escaped from the hustle and bustle of the city for the weekend.
5. The bustle and din gradually faded to silence as night advanced.
6. Postures change, pace slows, bustle becomes murmur.
7. But Tranmere were not all hustle and bustle.
8. At night, when the hospital bustle dies down, the stillness can match the blackness under the blindfold.
9. I was tired of the hustle and bustle of New York.
10. As the minutes ticked away towards noon, the bustle subsided and a quietness settled across the gathering.
11. The Quay at Devizes is quite a bustle, the headless chickens are definitely in on the act here.
12. Through the doorway Mrs Beach, buoyant upon her bustle,[sentencedict .com] caught her eye and beckoned.
13. The bustle of passport control and customs clearance over, father and daughter emerged into the pristine arrivals lounge.
14. Desmond Seymour-Strachey sat, accepting the bustle, as was his wont.
15. The ceaseless thrust and bustle came from something deep and primaeval in man.
16. His solemnity contrasts with the calculating bustle of Ezra Cohen.
17. The garden was a haven from the noise and bustle of the city.
18. Shell Cottage provides the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of London.
19. The party was a haven of quiet amid the noise and bustle of the streets outside.
20. He hated being transplanted from his home in the country to the noise and bustle of life in the city.
21. The calm of the countryside came as a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of city life.
22. She stood glued to the radio[sentencedict.com], heedless of the ordered bustle about her.
23. The hotel offers a haven of peace and serenity away from the bustle of the city.
24. Long's Court was silent, a curious contrast to the noisy hustle and bustle of the square just yards away.
25. I could not sleep for sheer fatigue. Train wheels, bustle.
26. Where monks sat in quiet contemplation, guests now seek sanctuary from the city's bustle amid lush palms and ivy.
27. Executed in 1884, it depicts in detail a group of typical characters set against the bustle of the market.
28. The airport chapel offers a haven of peace only metres away from the bustle of the departure lounge.
29. It was an old graveyard, protected by the high walls from the bustle and intrusion of the outside world.
30. A school-age child has trouble concentrating in the class-room because she is overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle.