Synonym: O.K., accept, endorse, like, ratify, think well of. Antonym: differ, disagree, disapprove, object. Similar words: approve of, approval, approach, appropriate, improved, approximately, appreciation, province. Meaning: [ə'pruːv] v. 1. give sanction to 2. judge to be right or commendable; think well of.
Random good picture Not show
1. The boss wouldn't approve of the plan.
2. I wholeheartedly approve of his actions.
3. My parents don't approve of me smoking cigarettes.
4. Many doctors don't approve of unorthodox medicine.
5. She doesn't approve of my friends.
6. Do you approve of hunting after foxes?
7. He doesn't approve of me leaving school this year.
8. Do you approve of my idea?
9. Will you approve the proposal?
10. His father did not approve of his.
11. He doesn't approve of my leaving school this year.
12. The survey showed that 32% of respondents approve, 54% disapprove and the rest are undecided.
13. When the time came to approve the proposal, there were one or two voices of dissent.
14. I thoroughly approve of what the government is doing.
15. I don't approve of cosmetic surgery.
16. I don't approve of your defeatist attitude.
17. Catherine's parents now approve of her marriage.
18. I don't approve of smoking in bed.
19. Her parents did not approve of her decision.
20. I don't approve of smoking.
21. We don't approve of smacking.
22. They stacked the committee to approve their expenditure.
23. I very much approve of these new tests.
24. I move to approve the minutes as read.
25. Father didn't approve of her.
26. I don't approve of wasting time.
27. I told my mother I wanted to marry Jan but she didn't approve.
28. Do not take it for granted that the board of the directors will approve of the plan.
29. The agency has been vilified by some doctors for being unnecessarily slow to approve life-saving drugs.
30. She doesn't want to take her new boy-friend home in case her parents don't approve .
More similar words: approve of, approval, approach, appropriate, improved, approximately, appreciation, province, provide, provoke, provider, provided, provision, controversy, controversial, over and over, apple, apply, happy, appeal, appear, happen, happily, apply for, apparent, appoint, apply to, happen to, appeal to, disappear.