Synonym: cloth, fabric, goods, material. Similar words: extinct, text, extinction, texture, context, pretext, textbook, tile. Meaning: ['tekstaɪl] n. artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers. adj. of or relating to fabrics or fabric making.
Random good picture Not show
1. He haunted textile mills, and learned all he could.
2. A bidding war for the textile firm erupted.
3. A carpet is a textile fabric.
4. Japan imports textile materials from Britain.
5. Textile weavers receive low wages in the rural areas.
6. The textile industry was denationalized.
7. Textile companies announced 2000 fresh layoffs last week.
8. All the textile prices have been marked down.
9. The Textile Services Association has drawn up a code of practice endorsed by the Office of Fair Trading.
10. Textile workers favoured protection because they feared an influx of cheap cloth.
11. The textile industry still relies to some extent on sweated labour.
12. The city has textile mills and fruit and salmon canneries.
13. Various textile techniques will be explored to realise design possibilities.
14. This kind of textile machines has long since been out of use.
15. Textile workers favoured protection.
16. The textile industry is currently in transition.
17. Giovanni Crespi SpA, a Milan synthetic textile weaver.
18. Textile artist Beth Kellman will lead the tour.
19. They worked fourteen-hour days in textile sweatshops.
20. In the textile districts the position was less clear.
21. Contests over perquisites were not confined to textile manufacture.
22. Those features are all welcome to the textile trade.
23. Right: the Op Art movement heavily influenced textile design.
24. He rescued the company and later spun off its textile division into a separate company.
25. She makes a big profit from selling waste material to textile companies.
26. She was given a prize for her achievements in textile design.
27. See Chapter 7 below for further comments on the textile industry.
28. Her nan had lost her hearing working in the textile m ills.
29. He lent him several thousand dollars to help rescue his bankrupt textile business.
30. At the age of seven Mayall began work in a series of textile factories.