Synonym: additional, more, spare, supplementary, surplus. Similar words: extraordinary, extraterrestrial, extreme, extremely, extrovert, text, next, extol. Meaning: ['ekstrə] n. 1. a minor actor in crowd scenes 2. an additional edition of a newspaper (usually to report a crisis) 3. something additional of the same kind. adj. 1. more than is needed, desired, or required 2. added to a regular schedule 3. further or added. adv. unusually or exceptionally.
Random good picture Not show
1. Go the extra mile.
2. He earns extra money doing magic at children's parties.
3. Are there any extra charges?
3. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
4. He was doubtful about accepting extra work.
5. She gave them extra helpings of ice-cream.
6. I had to have extra tuition in maths.
7. She needs extra vitamins and protein.
8. There are extra benefits for people on low wages.
9. Breakfast is provided at no extra charge.
10. Use over your favourite lipstick to add extra gloss.
11. With the extra resources, the scheme now seems feasible.
12. There are extra flights to Colorado during the winter.
13. Take extra care on the roads this evening.
14. The tomatoes give extra flavour to the sauce.
15. She felt her heart give an extra thud.
16. Our immediate requirement is extra staff.
17. Use extra vegetables to bulk up the omelette.
18. Cambridge won 2-0 after extra time.
19. The seat is bolted in place for extra safety.
20. He just lacked that extra zing.
21. The play is to run for an extra week!
22. He received triple wages for all his extra work.
23. A little extra care makes a big difference.
24. If you need any extra help, just call me.
25. Is there any extra charge?
26. Could you get an extra loaf of bread?
27. They aim to reduce unit costs through extra sales.
28. The National Lottery provides extra money for deserving causes.
29. The ship was loaded down with extra cargo.
30. Can I have extra time to finish my work?
More similar words: extraordinary, extraterrestrial, extreme, extremely, extrovert, text, next, extol, extend, extent, next to, context, texture, next door, extended, exterior, textbook, external, extension, extensive, dexterous, extinction, exterminate, to some extent, trap, tray, trash, trade, trace, track.