Synonym: rigorous, tight. Similar words: string, contingent, pungent, ingenuity, ingenuous, in general, infringe, tangential. Meaning: ['strɪndʒənt] adj. demanding strict attention to rules and procedures.
Random good picture Not show
1. She failed to meet the stringent selection criteria.
2. The Act imposes more stringent regulations on atmospheric pollution.
3. The most stringent laws in the world are useless unless there is the will to enforce them.
4. He announced that there would be more stringent controls on the possession of weapons.
5. Licences are only granted under the most stringent conditions.
6. Stringent safety regulations were introduced after the accident.
7. The conditions imposed on volunteers were stringent.
8. Stringent measures were introduced so that the government could balance its budget/the economy.
9. Its drugtesting procedures are the most stringent in the world.
10. We need to introduce more stringent security measures such as identity cards.
11. Already low living standards have been worsened by stringent economic reforms.
12. Financiers are calling for a relaxation of these stringent measures.
13. He instituted a stringent litmus test on doctrinal matters.
14. Once she took office Ellie instituted stringent austerity measures.
15. Prices are now falling slightly after stringent budget-deficit cuts.
15. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
16. With others he was dismayed by its stringent terms.
17. Other couples are coping with the same stringent rules.
18. Bedtime viewing, however, is subject to more stringent controls.
19. Queensland set stringent rules concerning diving on the reef.
20. The scheme has stringent criteria for domestic commitments.
21. Parents must comply with the stringent rules for vehicular access(sentencedict.com), which are explained in a Headmaster's letter.
22. The wording of the code includes some fairly stringent conditions.
23. Stringent regulations are likely to be imposed if voluntary agreement is not forthcoming.
24. It claims that the stringent tests applied to chemical additives would lead to unacceptable delays in the introduction of genetically-altered foods.
25. State rules governing independent candidates are less stringent than rules for third parties.
26. The regulations of the states may be more stringent than federal regulations.
27. Less stringent foreign ownership limits would increase the float options available.
28. Other stringent measures included a freeze on tax allowances this year.
29. Some of the conditions in the contract are too stringent.
30. The Turkish president has gone on television to defend stringent new security measures.
More similar words: string, contingent, pungent, ingenuity, ingenuous, in general, infringe, tangential, striking, pungency, engender, strip, trinity, strike, strict, doctrine, austria, intrinsic, strike off, strictly, district, austrian, restrict, distribute, tinge, hinge, industrial, ring, finger, singer.