Synonym: acid, biting, bitter, sharp, spicy, stinging, tangy. Similar words: tangential, plunge, engender, in general, ingenuous, ingenuity, punishment, agent. Meaning: ['pʌdʒənt] adj. 1. strong and sharp;"the pungent taste of radishes" 2. capable of wounding.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The taste is bitter and disagreeably pungent.
(2) Youth is like a war,a pungent warm.
(3) The pungent, choking smell of sulphur filled the air.
(4) The more herbs you use, the more pungent the sauce will be.
(5) I sat down to a cup of wonderfully pungent Turkish coffee.
(6) Nearby was a factory which exuded a pungent smell.
(7) The air was pungent with the smell of spices.
(8) This is the pungent and original argument.
(9) He enjoyed the play's shrewd and pungent social analysis.
(10) He expressed some fairly pungent criticisms.
(11) A pungent odour met their nostrils.
(12) Then the pungent smell hit us?rotting fish and seaweed.
(13) These timid little creatures exude a pungent smell when threatened.
(14) The skunk releases a pungent smell as a means of protection.
(15) The skunk releases a pungent smell to deter the enemy.
(16) Borsky made several pungent comments about the government.
(17) It is rounder and more pungent than soya sauce.
(18) The onion smell still lingered[sentencedict.com], sharp and pungent.
(19) The pungent oil smoke wafts across the grandstand.
(20) A pungent metallic smoke filled the air.
(21) It is pungent in the still, cold air.
(22) A pungent smell of garlic filled the air.
(23) Garlic has a pungent aroma.
(24) Oregano is a pungent herb, overpowering if used alone.
(25) Little groups of people drinking or sharing pungent hand-rolled cigarettes to the accompaniment of Radio Luxembourg.
(26) My favourite was the lightly spiced Cape Malay Rooibos Chai which had a pungent smell and dark colour.
(27) His head reminded Mrs Price of her old pomander stuck with cloves, forgotten in some pungent tallboy.
(28) But she could smell the danger; it drifted around her like a pungent perfume.
(29) Singed needles only add to the celebration because they crackle like sparklers and give off the pungent aroma of the evergreen woods.
(30) The stench from the carcass filled the Chamber; a pungent mixture of sewage and vanilla.
More similar words: tangential, plunge, engender, in general, ingenuous, ingenuity, punishment, agent, urgent, gently, diligent, indulgent, gentleness, diligently, arrangement, punch, punish, lung, young, punitive, impunity, entailment, entertainment, sentiment, hung up, jungle, compunction, punctilious, fungible, a young man.