Similar words: pall, pal, palm, pale, pallor, pallid, appall, sepal. Meaning: [spɔːl] n. a fragment broken off from the edge or face of stone or ore and having at least one thin edge.
Random good picture Not show
1. The coat of paint on the door has spalled.
2. Spalled sidewalks with clusters of ash cans.
3. That hole was caused by spall blow - out.
4. However, the alumina layers spall as the temperature increases.
5. It is also found that the spall and fine cleft are due to local melting of heavy rail tread.
6. Two spall planes were observed in the soft recovered sample for the high stress triangular wave experiment.
7. British actor Timothy Spall played Winston Churchill in the Oscar-winning film, The King's Speech.
7. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
8. A void coalescence-based spall model proposed by Chen et al was used to simulate these experiments numerically.
9. Teach very hard, money earns not simple, don't spall overdiscriminately next time.
10. The spall that blew out the back caused the water jug to leak.
11. Research on the local response of spall for underground structures under blast loads was based on suppose of semi-infinite thickness of underground structures in the past.
12. Theoretical prediction and empirical determination of spall strength are discussed.
13. An insulation material which could automatically spall off the equipment at excessive temperatures was introduced.
14. HR2 steel was shocked and the spall samples were obtained by using a light-gas gun and "sample soft-capture" technology.
15. The void coalescence-based spall model is applied to numerical simulations of one-dimensional spall tests.
16. In the laboratory, the improved Split Hopkinson pressure bar device which produces the incident half-sine wave is applied to measure the spall characteristics of the granite specimens.
17. The computed results were compared with the stress recorded by manganin gage and the observed spall plane in recovered samples.
18. An approximate formula for the thickness of the major spall is presented and the "mica-splitting" phenomenon about the minor spalls observed in the experiments is satisfactorily explained.
19. Also, the results show that it is possible to predict the damage and spall in the ductile materials by numerical simulations.
20. Variable intensity of fatigue lines may be seen in the deep areas of the spall indicating the propagation direction from the core to the barrel surface.
21. The dynamic response of the above two kinds of propellants are studied by dynamic compaction and spall experiment.
22. Experimental techniques based on the dynamics of shock wave attenuation were used to produce decaying triangular shock pulse in LY12 Al samples of plate-impact spall tests.
23. Because of axis line deflection and asymmetric load distribution of rotary kiln, the support parts may break, spall, or erode due to the induced overlarge contact stresses.
24. Propagation develops within the working surface of the roll, gradually increasing in depth and width followed by a large surface spall of the overlying barrel surface.