Synonym: bemused, deep in thought, haunted, lost, obsessed, taken up. Similar words: preoccupation, occupy, occupant, occupation, occur, jupiter, cup, pie. Meaning: [‚prɪ'ɑkjəpaɪd /-ɒkjʊ-] adj. 1. deeply absorbed in thought 2. having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something.
Random good picture Not show
1. What's wrong with Cindy? She seems a little preoccupied.
2. You look preoccupied: what are you thinking of?
3. He answered me in a rather preoccupied manner.
4. Health worries preoccupied him for the whole holiday.
5. Thoughts of failure preoccupied him.
6. I was too preoccupied to hear the bell.
7. The front seats have been preoccupied.
8. She seemed preoccupied all the time I was talking to her.
9. So have we become a self-centred society, preoccupied with materialism?
10. His mannerisms are more those of a preoccupied math professor.
11. You were too preoccupied to notice me at the bus stop yesterday.
12. He was too preoccupied with his own problems to worry about hers.
13. The question of going to the Mount Tai preoccupied his mind.
14. Why is the media so preoccupied with the love lives of politicians?
15. He's completely preoccupied with all the wedding preparations at the moment.
16. He was too preoccupied with his own thoughts to notice anything wrong.
17. She's been very preoccupied recently because her mother has been very ill.
18. Tom Banbury was preoccupied with the missing Shepherd child and did not want to devote time to the new murder.
19. Through the door hurries Gordon Stainforth, bespectacled and preoccupied.
20. Coleridge is more preoccupied by his own terrifying visions.
21. The governor has been preoccupied with budget battles.
22. I was more preoccupied by my O levels.
23. Her mind was whirling, preoccupied with her own thoughts.
23. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. Offstage he was fairly quiet, preoccupied.
25. They have been preoccupied with other matters.
26. She seemed preoccupied and kept glancing toward the window.
27. Kent was silent, preoccupied, deep in thought.
28. Much of the discussion in the 19705 was preoccupied with global cooling, not warming.
29. I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me,for you are all the cherished things a husband ought to be. Sometimes I get too busy or to preoccupied to try to say the little things I feel so tender and deep in my heart. On your special day I want to show you my gratitude and wish you a very happy birthday.
30. Unlike many writers of the period, she is not preoccupied with morality.
More similar words: preoccupation, occupy, occupant, occupation, occur, jupiter, cup, pie, piety, dried, care of, allied, piece, pierce, soccer, lie down, married, moreover, ratified, figure out, incipient, a piece of, be aware of, accuse, horrified, go to pieces, recipient, justified, satisfied, take care of.