Synonym: civil, courteous, gracious, refined, respectful, tactful, well-mannered. Antonym: impolite. Similar words: politely, impolite, impolitely, impoliteness, polity, politic, politics, political. Meaning: [pə'laɪt] adj. 1. showing regard for others in manners, speech, behavior, etc. 2. marked by refinement in taste and manners 3. not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others.
Random good picture Not show
1. He is always polite to everyone.
2. Be polite, but don't kowtow to him.
3. We were all too polite to object.
4. I'm afraid I wasn't very polite to her.
5. I've never seen such a polite clerk.
6. Traffic police are sometimes very polite.
7. He couched his demands in very polite terms.
8. His manner was coolly polite and impersonal.
9. Please be polite to our guests.
10. It's amazing the difference a few polite words make.
11. Everyone around him was trying to be polite, but you could tell they were all bored.
12. My reply may not have been polite, but he asked for it.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
13. He was in no mood for being polite to visitors.
14. Why is he being so polite, as if I need tactful handling?
15. She's always very polite.
16. At the exits polite assistants will take the goods and add up the cost.
17. It wasn't very polite of you to serve yourself without asking.
18. She has always been very polite in her dealings with me.
19. It is polite that she accepts his invitation.
20. She was polite but not excessively so.
21. She forced herself to be polite to them.
22. The greeting was polite, almost formal.
23. She is a polite girl.
24. His noble ideas and polite behavior are laudable.
25. We sat making polite conversation and feeling rather uncomfortable.
26. The girl murmured something polite, and smiled.
27. No polite words of gratitude came.
28. Jan expressed polite interest in Edward's stamp collection.
29. He was unfailingly polite to customers.
30. It should be included in the canons of a polite society.
More similar words: politely, impolite, impolitely, impoliteness, polity, politic, politics, political, politician, politically, cosmopolitan, metropolitan, political party, political machine, political action committee, police, polish, policy, polished, policeman, metropolis, foreign policy, elite, monolith, solitude, volition, solitary, abolition, literate, literally.