Random good picture Not show
(1) He never attempts to placate his enemy.
(2) He smiled, trying to placate me.
(3) These changes did little to placate the unions.
(4) The concessions did little to placate the students.
(5) His intent is clearly not to placate his critics.
(6) Even a written apology failed to placate the indignant hostess.
(7) I tried to placate her by offering to pay for the repairs.
(8) Instead, it fired her outright, hoping thereby to placate the students and thus bring the whole matter to a close.
(9) Similar plans to placate Western donors are often behind the establishment of rights commissions, it said.
(10) A series of meetings are planned to placate big institutional investors.
(11) The noise control law could placate airport neighbors, who oppose growth because of the noise.
(12) Herrera endeavored to placate the opposition by making preliminary defense preparations and by sending additional forces to the Rio Grande.
(13) One is of trying to placate China.
(14) Tigress called over to placate him.
(15) He never attempts to placate his enemies.
(16) Whether it can deliver results fast enough to placate US impatience with China is another matter.
(17) Mrs Merkel would be foolish to placate her base by swerving right.
(18) The White House must placate investors nervous about deficit spending with the political imperative of getting the jobless rate down.
(19) You can rarely , if ever, please, placate, change(http://Sentencedict.com), or mollify an asshole.
(20) Accommodation failed to placate the critics and may have demoralized supporters of a strong defense.
(21) Now Labour's support is falling, and the government is trying desperately to placate its business enemies.
(22) Deaver began suggesting ways to soften the impact by adding new events to the itinerary that might placate the opposition.
(23) And so Labour went into the election on a fudged policy designed more to placate Roy Hattersley than to win over voters.
(24) Maybe by the time I was born, my parents had no need to pretend unhappiness to placate jealous spirits.
(25) Chrysler doubles to $ 2 billion its stockbuyback plan to placate Kerkorian.
(26) For more than eight years—partly in an effort to placate America—China has published occasional white papers outlining its military posture.
(27) But even though the military is widely popular with the public, there was no sign that the government shakeup would placate protesters, who added anti-Suleiman slogans to their demands.
(28) Airborne Regiment and his comrade-Li Wu a non-commissioned officers stopped her into the side of one hand to placate her.
(29) Watch for China to increase its capital flows to the emerging markets to placate critics.
(30) It's going to take a very good explanation to placate your parents.
More similar words: implacable, vacate, place, in place, replace, displace, in place of, placement, workplace, take place, out of place, replacement, marketplace, take the place of, in the first place, plate, locate, educate, delicate, category, abdicate, advocate, dedicate, indicate, predicate, intricate, vindicate, truncated, fabricate, eradicate.