Antonym: north. Similar words: southern, southeast, southwest, in truth, soup, source, authority, authorize. Meaning: [saʊθ] n. 1. the region of the United States lying south of the Mason-Dixon line 2. the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861 3. the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees 4. any region lying in or toward the south. adj. situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south. adv. in a southern direction.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The south side of town is pretty run down.
(2) The latitude of the island is 20 degrees south.
(3) They detoured around the traffic jam by heading south.
(4) The Yanomami people live in the South American jungle.
(5) A jet planed in from the south.
(6) The flagpole leans to the south.
(7) That pronunciation is unacceptable in the south of Britain.
(8) The wind shifted to the south.
(9) The wind is tending to the south.
(10) In which direction are you going(sentencedict.com/south.html), north or south?
(11) The building is oriented south and north.
(12) There is a strong south wind.
(13) The old couple will winter in the south.
(14) They have a summer residence in the south.
(15) South is opposite north on a compass.
(16) Summer in south China is hot and humid.
(17) Our correspondent in South Africa sent this report.
(18) My uncle is travelling in South America.
(19) A ravine delimited the property on the south.
(20) We're relocating just south of Newcastle.
(21) It neighbours Italy in the south.
(22) I'm lost, which direction is South?
(23) He lives to the south of the city.
(24) Panama lies to the south of the U.S.A.
(25) The Dutch settled in South Africa.
(26) Vietnam is to the south of China.
(27) The area bears a superficial similarity to south London.
(28) He has dual British and South African nationality.
(29) He had just arrived unannounced from South America.
(30) The wind is blowing from the south.