Random good picture Not show
(1) Lola shows us her own rendition of Iwo Jima.
(2) After spending 45 days on Iwo Jima, I was sent back to Maui in the Hawaiian islands for regrouping and (preparing) to land on Japan.
(3) The conquest of Iwo Jima, shown from an American view in "Flags of our Fathers" and from the Japanese side in "Letters from Iwo Jima", was the most brutal and pointless of the second world war.
(4) Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.
(5) Three died before the 20 battle at Iwo Jima was over.
(6) The famous sculpture of the Marines struggling to raise the flag on Iwo Jima serves as a backdrop.
(7) 39A U.S. Marine, killed by Japanese sniper fire, still holds his weapon as he lies in the black volcanic sand of Iwo Jima, on February 19, 1945(sentencedict.com), during the initial invasion on the island.
(8) Separately, he also promises to "examine every grain of sand" to repatriate the remains of 13,000 fallen Japanese soldiers who are still unaccounted for at the Pacific Island battleground of Iwo Jima.
(9) "Think about it, " he wrote: "Could John Wayne ever have taken Normandy, Iwo Jima, Korea, the Gulf of Tonkin, and the entire Wild West on a diet of quiche and salad?"
(10) On the fourth day of battle, Marines fought to the top of Mount Suribachi, the tallest mountain on Iwo Jima.
(11) Steven Spielberg and Hanks executive-produced this ten-part mini-series about the Marines who fought from Okinawa to Iwo Jima.
(12) James Bradley is the son of John Bradley, one of the men who raised the American flag on Iwo Jima. He is the author of "Flags of our Fathers" and "Flyboys."
(13) Joe Rosenthal took it on February twenty-third, nineteen forty-five, on the Pacific island of Iwo Jima.
(14) In the past few months Japan had suffered calamitous setbacks at the Battles of the Philippine Sea, Leyte Gulf, and Iwo Jima.
(15) The photographer who captured World War II servicemen raising American flag over Iwo Jima has died.
(16) One such war-time service was held on the black sands of Iwo Jima more than sixty years ago.
(17) Collect 5 IPCs per turn if Axis controls 5 of the 7 following islands. Midway, Wake, Marianas, Iwo Jima, Caroline, Solomon Islands and Guam.
(18) STEVE EMBER: John Bradley was the last to die of the six men who raised the flag on Iwo Jima that day.
(19) The American navy gained control of the Island continuing its "island-hopping " strategy form Guam to Saipan to Iwo Jima to Guadalcanal to Okinawa and finally into to Tokyo.
(20) The photographer who captured World War II servicemen raising the American flag over Iwo Jima has died.
(21) Collect 5 IPC per turn if the Allies control 5 of the 7 following islands. Midway, Wake, Marianas, Iwo Jima, Caroline, Solomon Islands and Guam.
(22) The troops were using boats called LCVPs (Landing Craft, Vehicle, Personnel) - smaller versions of the drop-bow boats that would later storm beaches from Normandy to Iwo Jima.
(23) On Feb. 19, 1945, during World War II, some 30,000 United States Marines landed on the Western Pacific island of Iwo Jima, where they encountered ferocious resistance from Japanese forces.
(24) At 8:30 , Marines disembarked toward the shores of Iwo Jima.
(25) The discovery of his letters home in a cave on Iwo Jima sparked Mr Eastwood's interest.
More similar words: image, anima, animal, primacy, animate, himalaya, minimal, climate, grimace, primary, imagine, imagery, decimate, himalayas, hiroshima, estimate, reprimand, ultimate, primates, intimacy, intimate, inanimate, exanimate, ultimatum, imaginary, estimated, animation, primarily, acclimate, legitimacy.