Random good picture Not show
1. The pick of this year's 3-year-old racehorses is Galileo.
2. Galileo lived in the city of Pisa.
3. Galileo wrote in the vernacular to reach a larger audience.
4. The modern scientific method is usually attributed to Galileo.
5. Using a telescope, Galileo discovered stars that were invisible to the naked eye .
6. Galileo ended his days under house arrest.
7. His book challenged Galileo in the most spiteful way.
8. When, in 1609, Galileo constructed his first telescopes and trained them on the heavens, he made dramatic discoveries.
9. Galileo rendered his new conceptions meaningful and increasingly more precise by means of illustrations and thought experiments.
10. Galileo was not the first scientist to be forced to retract his theories.
11. Galileo was certainly conscious of this, rejoicing that there was an escape from the refuse.
12. Galileo was attracted by the implicit contrast between physical propositions that were demonstrated and those that were merely affirmed.
13. Galileo was even prepared to give the Bible jurisdiction over scientific hypotheses that had not been rigorously demonstrated.
14. Atlantis was to carry the Galileo space probe on the first leg of a six-year voyage to Jupiter this afternoon.
15. It was an enormous humiliation and Galileo was left a broken man, almost mentally deranged by the months of pressure.
16. Galileo had written a pious preface in which he ridiculed the Copernican theory as wild and fantastic and contrary to Holy Scripture.
17. Galileo was no sailor, but he knew of the longitude problem-as did every natural philosopher of his day.
18. Upon the impressive foundations that Galileo had laid, Newton was able to erect a cathedral of superb grandeur.
19. As with Galileo, he wrote in the vernacular to reach a larger audience.
20. Contrary to the popular myth, Galileo seems to have performed few experiments in mechanics.
21. Like Galileo, he was committed to the Copernican system as a cosmology and not merely as a mathematical hypothesis.
22. Galileo and Kepler certainly strengthened the case in favour of the Copernican theory.
23. These truths were by no means self - evident when Galileo first suggested them.
24. Descartes received his stimulus from the new physics and astronomy of Copernicus, Galileo[Sentencedict.com ], and others.
25. The first astronomer to study the surface of Mars was Galileo Galilei, who noted the phases of the planet in 1610.
26. On the same day, about 25 miles to the west, the Mission Bears will visit undefeated Galileo.
27. Timing the motion of the lamp by his own pulse, Galileo saw that the length of a pendulum determines its rate.
28. Copernicus's findings laid the foundations for the later work of Galileo.
29. This famous and much-discussed distinction between primary and secondary qualities has historical antecedents in Galileo, Descartes, and Hobbes.
30. NASA officials found a way to work around the technical glitch on the Galileo spacecraft.
More similar words: galileo galilei, smile on, svengali, egalitarian, lilt, lily, fall ill, soliloquy, leopard, napoleon, single out, rule of law, chameleon, a bundle of, a couple of, gale, gallop, legal, gallon, legally, gallery, gallows, frugal, galaxy, regale, illegal, paleontologist, prodigal, gallantly, galvanize.