Synonym: football game. Similar words: foot, on foot, basketball, footing, food, cut back, set back, ball. Meaning: [ˈfʊtbɔːl] n. 1. any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal 2. the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football.
Random good picture Not show
1) The crowd drifted out after the football game.
2) Try to fix the football game for Tuesday.
3) Football is a religion for these people.
4) We have formed a football team.
5) The football field is enclosed by a wall.
6) Football,[http://sentencedict.com/football.html] cricket and hockey are all team sports.
7) Today's football match is France versus Brazil.
8) The boys wanted to play football.
9) They rooted their football team on to victory.
10) The football riots made me ashamed to be English.
11) Boys are fond of playing football.
12) Football is a team game.
13) We watched the football game on TV.
14) After the game, crowds of football fans piled out.
15) Is football a good outlet for men's aggression?
16) We all like John; he plays hard-nosed football.
17) John has taken the leadership of the football team.
18) Football and cricket are outdoor games.
19) His running commentary on the football match was excellent.
20) He made the second string on the football team.
21) The football season is from September to April.
22) I like games in general, and especially football.
23) He kicked the football out of the field.
24) He is our coach in football.
25) I am a member of our school football club.
26) The English football team were world champions in 1966.
27) The football team was disciplined by a professional trainer.
28) This ticket admits two people to the football match.
29) We won the football game by a fluke.
30) We beat our opponents at football.