Antonym: strike. Similar words: balls, ballot, balloon, tribal, verbal, global, basketball, balanced. Meaning: [bɔːl] n. 1. round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games 2. a solid projectile that is shot by a musket 3. an object with a spherical shape 4. the people assembled at a lavish formal dance 5. one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens 6. a spherical object used as a plaything 7. United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989) 8. a compact mass 9. a lavish dance requiring formal attire 10. a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass 11. the game of baseball 12. a pitch that is not in the strike zone. v. form into a ball by winding or rolling.
Random good picture Not show
1. The boys were kicking an old ball around.
2. I'd still like to go to a ball game.
3. He played the ball back close to the net.
4. The boy booted the ball away.
5. He fumbled the ball and then dropped it.
6. There is a dynamic ball in the computer.
7. Would you run in and bring my ball?
8. My friend threw the ball back over the fence.
9. She bounced the ball against the wall.
10. His favorite toy is a rubber ball.
11. She unwound the wool from the ball.
12. The dog retrieved the ball from the water.
13. He batted the ball high into the air.
14. He smote the ball into the grandstand.
15. He tossed the ball to Anna.
16. The ball bounced high and she missed it.
17. The centre forward headed the ball into goal.
18. We're going to the ball game .
19. She has a lot on the ball.
20. Black kicked/headed the ball into/towards the goal.
21. Dan-gle the ball on a string before the baby.
22. She threw the ball up and caught it again.
23. The boys were kicking an old ball about.
24. He caught the ball with great dexterity.
25. You really have to whack the ball.
26. He kicked the ball into an open goal.
27. She dribbled the ball the length of the field.
28. James whacked the ball over the net.
29. He went next door to get his ball back.
30. The ball rolled into the hole.
More similar words: balls, ballot, balloon, tribal, verbal, global, basketball, balanced, have a ball, balance of.