Synonym: agent, delegate, diplomat, messenger. Similar words: convoy, voyage, envy, clairvoyant, invoke, clairvoyance, in vogue, envious. Meaning: ['envɔɪ] n. 1. a diplomat having less authority than an ambassador 2. someone sent on a mission to represent the interests of someone else 3. a brief stanza concluding certain forms of poetry.
Random good picture Not show
1. The envoy bore back to us this good news.
2. A special peace envoy was sent to the area.
3. The UN peace envoy has failed to find any middle ground between the government and the opposition parties.
4. The government has not yet appointed an envoy to the area.
5. He served as envoy to the French government.
6. Our envoy was accredited to the new government.
7. The United Nations is sending a special envoy to the area.
8. He sent Evans as his personal envoy to discuss ways to mend relations between the two countries.
9. Mitchell acted as a special envoy in the Northern Ireland peace talks.
10. Their envoy showed no sign of responding to our proposals.
11. The President has suggested sending a US peace envoy to Northern Ireland.
12. The President met yesterday with an envoy from Pakistan.
13. Lord Hastings determined to send an envoy to Ibrahim to propose an alliance, together with Muscat, to destroy the Qawasim pirates.
14. But Mr Razali is the first envoy to successfully break the deadlock.
15. He also stressed that an envoy should not supplant any talks process.
16. According to Envoy Systems' Peter Krall, the group's aim is to create awareness of computer-integrated telephony rather than to make standards.
17. A special envoy was sent to Manila to try and secure the release of the hostages.
18. Iran agreed to send an envoy to the United Nations for talks on ending the war.
19. The envoy was given plenary powers to negotiate with the rebels.
20. On Bill Clinton's proposal to send a peace envoy to Ireland, senior sources are more cautious.
21. A special envoy will be sent to us from Anacreon.
22. During the campaign he suggested appointing a peace envoy to the troubled province an idea that angered and appalled the government.
23. Mr Clinton has also threatened to intervene in Northern Ireland by sending a peace envoy.
24. He expressed his scepticism about the usefulness of techniques such as the envoy.
25. The King still rules here and I am his envoy.
26. Her appointment by Clinton to such an important job raised many eyebrows, but she has proved a popular and effective envoy.
27. The only slightly sour note entered the proceedings with the president's plan to send a special envoy to Northern Ireland.
28. President Clinton made an election pledge to send a peace envoy there.
29. At last we knew what had happened to the Archbishop's special envoy.
30. The class have to plead for mercy on his behalf[sentencedict.com], but the King's envoy will only accept written pleas.
More similar words: convoy, voyage, envy, clairvoyant, invoke, clairvoyance, in vogue, envious, involve, envision, envelope, involved, enveloped, invocation, convoluted, involvement, environment, environmental, environmental protection.