Synonym: laugh at, make fun of, ridicule. Similar words: rider, pride, bride, ride on, take pride in, derive, derisive, outsider. Meaning: [dɪ'raɪd] v. treat or speak of with contempt.
Random good picture Not show
1. You shouldn't deride their efforts.
2. Leave it to the intellectuals to deride romance novels.
3. Impotent old devils and dried-up hags always deride the efforts of the young.
4. And now laughing friends deride tears I cannot hide.
5. Help others, do not deride.
6. They deride his effort as childish.
6. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
7. Feel free to deride me for my mistakes.
8. But though she and Barack Obama deride NCLB publicly, each endorses the idea of accountability.
9. It's easy enough to deride this advice from a vantage point of false pragmatism.
10. Quite often, his sense of superiority makes him deride her opinions.
11. Republicans deride the overall plan as a “job killer” intended to revive class warfare, soak the rich and burden business too much at a time of economic hardship.
12. Some critics deride the group as self - appointed food police.
13. You should not deride children for their failures; you should encourage them to try again.
14. They deride every fortress[sentencedict.com], For they heap up dirt and take it.
15. Ignore anyone who tries to convince you that either option is without flaw or would deride you for choosing either.
16. No doubt the former chief inspector will be on hand to deride such soggy thinking.
17. Most of them, however, mock the clich é s used to deride European business.
18. Chueh - hui laughed, but he wasn't intending to deride Ming - f eng.
19. My own understanding: self - mockery or can be used to deride, tease others.
20. American steelworker unions have disparaged the Bay Bridge contract by accusing the state of California of sending good jobs overseas and settling for what they deride as poor-quality Chinese steel.
More similar words: rider, pride, bride, ride on, take pride in, derive, derisive, outsider, derive from, provider, consider, considerable, considerably, consideration, be considered as, side by side, rid, arid, ridge, bridge, get rid of, corridor, Eric, period, series, inherit, superior, heritage, gathering, offering.