Synonym: dry, dull, flat, stuffy, unimaginative. Similar words: rid, bride, rider, ridge, ride on, get rid of, corridor, take pride in. Meaning: ['ærɪd] adj. 1. lacking sufficient water or rainfall 2. lacking vitality or spirit; lifeless.
Random good picture Not show
1) Water from the Great Lakes is pumped to arid regions .
2) The desert is so arid that nothing can grow there.
3) He began to season the arid climate in the Middle East.
4) Whole tracts of country, once fertile, have become arid.
5) My mind was arid, all inspiration gone.
6) Nothing grows in these arid regions.
7) The Sahara Desert is arid.
8) I found his writing extremely arid.
9) Nothing grows in these arid conditions.
10) The surface of the moon is arid and lifeless.
11) After several arid years, the company has started to become successful.
12) The pioneers hoped to transform the arid outback into a workable landscape.
13) We had to cross a large area of arid, featureless desert.
14) These trees will shield off arid winds and protect the fields.
15) She had given him the only joy his arid life had ever known.
16) I'd stuck to the rules arid nothing had happened.
17) The region is an arid wasteland.
18) It may happen rarely in arid or semi-arid climates.
19) The movement born as an alternative to the arid materialism of consumer culture is here hawked and promoted like any commercial venture.
20) But sustainability in such arid circumstances depends on sustainable populations which do not exceed the resources.
21) It sat forlornly in the middle of an arid coastal basin,[http://sentencedict.com/arid.html] lacking both a port and a railroad.
22) Religious and political authority were thus indistinguishable, arid leadership in the community was provided by the elected elders and pastors.
23) Arid tonight, feeling the exhilaration of survival himself, he was even more susceptible.
24) The concentration on arid and glacial regions was probably also partly instrumental in the development of climatic geomorphology.
25) Those that live in more arid climates have acquired water-conserving techniques.
26) The kibbutz is situated in an arid spot hundreds of feet below sea level, a feature highlighted in tourist brochures.
27) Many black Namibians are subsistence farmers who live in the arid borderlands.
28) On either side of each barrier it leaves similar pockets of high and low cloud cover, of arid and lush terrain.
29) And the engine heat was so intense we had to change the oil constantly, arid replace blown-out gaskets.
30) The pattern of light and dark areas represents variation in rock type and surface weathering in this arid region.
More similar words: rid, bride, rider, ridge, ride on, get rid of, corridor, take pride in, arise, marine, parish, various, variety, bearings, a variety, scenario, variable, variation, comparison, primarily, a variety of, militarism, bear in mind, popularity, similarity, planetarium, by comparison, the proletariat, in comparison with, at regular intervals.