Synonym: 2d, 2nd, arcsecond, back, bit, endorse, endorsement, indorse, indorsement, instant, irregular, minute, moment, s, sec, second base, second gear, secondly, secondment. Similar words: secondary, economic recovery, condemn, conduct, condition, consecutive, economy, conditions. Meaning: ['sekənd] n. 1. 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites 2. an indefinitely short time 3. the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield 4. a particular point in time 5. following the first in an ordering or series 6. a 60th part of a minute of arc 7. the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match 8. a speech seconding a motion 9. the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle 10. merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name. v. 1. give support or one's approval to 2. transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment. adj. 1. coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude 2. coming next after first 3. a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first 4. having the second highest gear ratio. adv. in the second place.
Random good picture Not show
1. Custom is a second nature.
4. Use is (a) second nature.
5. Habit is (a) second nature.
6. Habit is second nature.
8. Second thoughts are best.
9. He was the second to arrive.
10. The second world war kindled his enthusiasm for politics.
11. Sophie lifted the phone before the second ring.
12. We'll be sitting in the second carriage.
13. She read the letter more carefully the second time.
14. Difficult the first time, easy the second.
15. Take the second turning on/to the left.
16. We leave the roundabout at the second exit.
16. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
17. Children will learn to multiply in the second grade.
18. Schools help to acculturate the second generation of immigrants.
19. Osborne emerged victorious after the second round of voting.
20. Would you like a second helping of soup?
21. Italy consolidated their lead with a second goal.
22. Is Brian her first or second child?
23. The second accident involved two cars and a lorry.
24. I'm not going to settle for second best .
25. He published his memoirs on the Second World War.
26. Most students rent rooms in their second year.
27. Women's hosiery you'll find on the second floor, Madam.
28. Her gaze met Michael's for a split second.
29. February is the second month of the year.
More similar words: secondary, economic recovery, condemn, conduct, condition, consecutive, economy, conditions, economic, economics, economist, beyond control, economically, to the contrary, be considered as, on the contrary, sec., bond, sector, insect, blond, secular, section, on duty, security, in secret, respond, secretary, diamonds, prosecutor.