Synonym: batch, curve, cut, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sheer, sight, skid, slide, slip, slue, spate, stack, swerve, tidy sum, trend, veer, wad, whole lot, whole slew. Similar words: blew, isle, sleep, sleek, hassle, aisle, sleeve, sleepy. Meaning: [sluː] n. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent. v. 1. turn sharply; change direction abruptly 2. move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner.
Random good picture Not show
1. St George slew the dragon.
2. There have been a whole slew of shooting incidents.
3. This year has seen a whole slew of novels set in Hong Kong.
4. St George slew the cattle.
5. The cars slew to a halt, blocking the traffic.
6. It may embody a slew of things.
7. The festive gala features a slew of activities for all ages.
8. Atop a mountain he slew his daughter, then was immediately struck dead by a bolt of lightning.
9. Hercules slew Diomedes first and then drove off the mares unopposed.
10. They slew the gentle musician, tearing him limb from limb, and flung the severed head into the swift river Hebrus.
11. They had lost a slew of close games, were getting minimal production from their frontcourt and sporadic play from the perimeter.
12. Whoever slew a hart or hind was to be blinded.
13. It honours the goddess Durga, who slew the fearsome buffalo demon, Mahisasura, thus freeing mankind from terror.
14. A whole slew of cheap motels are springing up west of town.
15. They dealt with a slew of other issues.
16. Additional, still by outport hire whole slew tug 2.
17. High slew rate, wide bandwidth, single supply operational amplifier.
18. At once he slew him and set Io free.
19. He slew all who dared to withstand him.
20. The slaves slew their master with swords.
21. There are also no slew rate limiting capacitors in the circuit.
22. They inspired a whole slew of new "hair spray" bands.
22. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
23. So why do I get a whole slew of responses when I use the diff command for just these two simple, nearly equivalent documents?
24. Mr Savino has been charged with three murders as well as a whole slew of other crimes.
25. Online services like Napster helped generate interest in a slew of new computer products in recent months.
26. When the feud broke out into the open, it exposed a slew of corruption charges from both camps.
27. There were those who fought for the joy of fighting and those who slew for the sake of slaying.
28. No need for anyone to point out the unlikelihood of such a slew of benign effects occurring the same week.
29. He lost his hold on the bag and a slew of rice and chicken and ochre sauce splashed on to the carpet.
30. The U.S. will have no permanent regime governing levies on salaries, capital gains and dividends, the Social Security tax, as well as a slew of targeted breaks for families, students and other groups.