Synonym: bad, base, coarse, evil, inferior, lesser, mean, short, sinful, vile, vulgar, wicked. Antonym: high, loud. Similar words: allow, flow, below, lower, follow, blow off, blow out, blow up. Meaning: [ləʊ] n. 1. an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation 2. British political cartoonist (born in New Zealand) who created the character Colonel Blimp (1891-1963) 3. a low level or position or degree 4. the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving. v. make a low noise, characteristic of bovines. adj. 1. less than normal in degree or intensity or amount 2. literal meanings; being at or having a relatively small elevation or upward extension 3. very low in volume 4. unrefined in character 5. used of sounds and voices; low in pitch or frequency 6. of the most contemptible kind 7. low or inferior in station or quality 8. no longer sufficient 9. subdued or brought low in condition or status 10. low in spirits 11. being the gear producing the lowest drive speed. adv. in a low position; near the ground.
Random good picture Not show
(2) The price of wheat had reached an all-time low.
(3) The president's popularity nationally is at an all-time low.
(4) He built the house low and wide.
(5) Unemployment can cause feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem.
(6) He gave a low long whistle of surprise.
(7) The critics' rating of the film was low.
(8) He is a man of low birth.
(9) The hare crouches low on the ground.
(10) I bought it at low price.
(11) Miles of sand are exposed at low tide.
(12) My current level of job satisfaction is pretty low.
(13) He gave a low gurgle of laughter.
(14) We carefully pushed our way through the low brambles.
(15) She stooped low to look under the bed.
(16) There are extra benefits for people on low wages.
(17) His confidence is at a low ebb.
(18) They closed down after years of low profits.
(19) I can't live on my low pay.
(20) The food was of such poor/low quality.
(21) I'd assess your chances as low.
(22) The windows look very low to me.
(23) Car for sale: one careful owner[sentencedict.com/low.html], low mileage.
(24) Liquid nitrogen boils at a very low temperature.
(25) The hawk swooped low over the field.
(26) The engine is almost silent at low revs.
(27) Stocks of coal are running low.
(28) The wintry sun was already low in the sky.
(29) The jet zoomed low over our heads.