(1) He that falls today may be up
(3) A bad penny always turns up
(4) The great fish ear up
(5) The still sow eats up
all the draff.
(6) Hang up
one's hat in another's house.
(7) Never say die! Up
man, and try.
(8) Hang up
one's fiddle when one comes home.
(9) Life if made up
of little things.
(10) Penny and penny, laid up
, will be many.
(11) Cry up
wine and sell vinegar.
(12) The great fish eat up
(13) When a man is wrapped up
in himself he makes a pretty little package22.
(14) The snail slides up
the tower at last though the swallow mounteth it sooner.
(15) The man who has made up
his mind to win will never say "impossible ".
(16) See a pin and pick it up
, all the day you'll have good luck; see a pin and let it lie(sentencedict.com), bad luck you'll have all day.
(17) Do not, for one repulse, give up
the purpose that you resolved to effect.
(18) Life is made up
of sobs, sniffles and smiles with sniffes predomi-nating.
(19) You can lead a man up
to the university, but you can't make him think.
(20) He that lies down with dogs must rise up
(21) The cow that’s first up
gets the first of the dew. Sentencedict.com
(22) Bring up
a raven and he'll pick out your eyes.
(23) He that lies down [sleeps] with dogs must rise up
(24) The water that bears the boat is the same that swallows it up
(25) If you lie down with dogs, you will get up
(26) The world is a ladder for some to go up
and others to go down.
(27) A buxom widow must be either married, buried or shut up
in a convent.
(28) The people who get on in this world are the people who get up
and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them.
(29) Rear sons for help in old age; and store up
grains against famine.
(30) Most folks are about as happy as they make up
their minds to be.