Synonym: well-founded. Similar words: untenable, enable, amenable, unable, personable, definable, attainable, reasonable. Meaning: ['tenəbl] adj. based on sound reasoning or evidence.
Random good picture Not show
1. This argument is simply not tenable.
2. The lectureship is tenable for a period of three years.
3. His theory is no longer tenable in light of the recent discoveries.
4. Wolfowitz's announcement made that pretence no longer tenable.
5. University Studentships are tenable in all Faculties except Medicine.
6. However, such an assumption is simply not tenable, for science and technology do not develop in a social vacuum.
7. For scientific theories to be considered tenable, they must survive refutation.
8. In some situations, this assumption may not be tenable.
9. His new theory is tenable.
10. In a word, our theory is tenable.
11. Overall, at the legal level, this ruling is tenable.
12. How long is the post tenable for?
13. None of these arguments are tenable.
14. He's got a scholarship tenable for four years.
15. This is a tenable approach and will do us much good.
16. Semantic paradox is not a tenable proposition, no matter its hypothesis is true or not, from this point of view, it can be called " neutral proposition".
17. The nullification of insurance contract means that the tenable insurance contract does not produce entirely or partly legal effects because of its legal cause and promised causes.
18. The view that the earth is flat is no longer tenable.
19. The old idea that this type of work was not suitable for women was no longer tenable.
20. The position that Newman held, in seeing higher education as unconnected with the search for new knowledge, is no longer tenable.
21. Now, though so politically convenient a view is no longer tenable, no easy alternative presents itself.
22. The notion of contrast between pain in a reality and pleasure in a representation is not tenable.
23. Belsey wrote: From this post-Saussurean perspective it is clear that the theory of literature as expressive realism is no longer tenable ....
24. Looking at the second proviso, we can see that the position was a cruel one, insincere and hardly tenable.sentencedict.com
25. As the war progressed, this position be-came less and less tenable and was eventually discarded.
26. The conventional wisdom now holds that these measures softened and civilized capitalism and made it tenable.
27. In the antidumping investigation, the debate focuses on whether the antidumping is tenable.
28. The Gulf of Tonkin high-end art layout work room is and the North Sea art professional technology institute cooperation is tenable.
29. In this paper, that the formula of cannot be tenable is pointed out because of the component of the momentum functor not always satisfying the self-adjointness in the curvilinear coordinate system.
30. According to the economic opinions on transaction costs, the author proves that negative goodwill does exist in business combination and is tenable in theory.
More similar words: untenable, enable, amenable, unable, personable, definable, attainable, reasonable, abominable, sustainable, interminable, unreasonable, unimaginable, unattainable, unquestionable, table tennis, tenant, tenancy, sustenance, interminably, maintenance, countenance, turn a blind eye, once in a blue moon, able, table, viable, cable, usable, liable.