Random good picture Not show
1. He's a staunch supporter of controls on government spending.
2. She's a staunch advocate of free trade.
3. He gained a reputation as being a staunch defender/supporter of civil rights.
4. Tom tried to staunch the blood with his handkerchief.
5. Her parents were staunch Methodists.
6. He is a staunch supporter of amateurism.
7. They tried to staunch the flow of blood.
8. Politically, she is a staunch opponent of reform.
9. They were staunch British patriots and had portraits of the Queen in their flat.
10. The country's asylum laws were amended to staunch the flow/flood of economic migrants.
11. Many voters are staunch anti-federalists, opposed to the concept of regional government.
12. He used a rag to staunch the flow of blood.
13. Old blackout curtains staunch the break of day.
14. He also initiated a staunch campaign urging retractions.
15. I thought I would never staunch the flow.
16. Another staunch supporter is Wulstan Atkins, Elgar's godson.
17. Entrepreneurs immediately became staunch patriots, and agreed to pay wages only at the official rate.
18. Thereafter, it was fostered by de Gaulle's staunch support of Adenauer's hard line on Berlin.
19. The declared goal of Washington's policy is to staunch the flow of illicit drugs.
20. For staunch opponents, there is mounting concern about a political and legal climate that more readily fosters capital punishment.
21. Forbes is a staunch conservative, but the liberal Jerry Brown once proposed a similar plan.
22. He used the cloth to try to staunch the flow of blood.
23. He was such a loyal, staunch and tender-hearted friend of my family, and such an outgoing man.
24. Mum and Dad are staunch Pentecostal church-goers, and will be all their lives.
25. Lena is a staunch religious conservative who slaps her atheistic daughter across the face.
26. The government claims this is the only way to staunch the annual flow to Germany of hundreds of thousands of refugees.
27. He was noted for his prodigious memory, was deeply religious(sentencedict.com/staunch.html), and a staunch advocate of temperance.
28. There was a purge of ministers sympathetic to reform and office was entrusted to staunch conservatives.
29. Mrs Chan, Hong Kong's most popular public official, consistently proved a staunch defender of its autonomy.
30. None the less, the forces of change may weaken even the most staunch set of beliefs.