Synonym: barge in, break in, butt in, chime in, chisel in, come in, cut in, enclose, hive away, inclose, inject, insert, instal, install, interject, interpose, introduce, lay in, salt away, set up, stack away, stash away, stick in, store, submit, throw in. Similar words: cut in, routine, cut into, routinely, put, put off, output, put out. Meaning: v. 1. introduce 2. devote (time, effort, etc.) to a task 3. keep or lay aside for future use 4. break into a conversation 5. set up for use 6. make an application as for a job or funding 7. to insert between other elements.
Random good picture Not show
2. The boat put in at Shanghai for repairs.
3. Put in the money before dialing.
4. Australia, put in to bat, made a cautious start.
5. They put in a bid for the house.
6. I've put in an application to the college.
7. He was put in prison for theft.
8. She put in some clothes, odds and ends, and make-up.
9. Students are all put in different groups according to their ability.
10. Did you put in for that post in the library that you were speaking about the other day?
11. The refugees were put in camps in Italy before being resettled.
12. 4,000 women put in ten rupees each, which if my arithmetic is right adds up to 40,000 rupees.
13. They've put in time and effort to keep the strike going.
13. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
14. She was sent home to Oxford and put in quarantine.
15. We put in the darkneof the heart is called the moon dancing.
16. we put in the darkness of the heart is called the moon dancing.
17. The pay will be proportional to the time put in.
18. It's not the hours you put in your work that counts,[sentencedict.com] it's the work you put in the hours.
19. Fork out the dead plants and put in the new ones.
20. If you see the captain could you put in a good word for me?
21. Once the printing processes have been put in motion, they're not so easy to stop.
22. We put in the darkness of the heart is called the moon dancing.
23. They put in place the tools of my new business.
24. I've put in a request for a room with a view of the sea.
25. 'Don't forget us,' she put in.
26. I was put in charge of the office.
27. They put in at Lagos for repairs.
28. Her success had justified the faith her teachers had put in her.
29. After he handed in the report, he had several afterthoughts that were too late to put in it.
30. They were asking one hundred and eighty thousand for the place, so I put in an offer of one hundred and seventy.
More similar words: cut in, routine, cut into, routinely, put, put off, output, put out, input, put to, put on, put up, deputy, put down, put away, dispute, computer, put aside, utility, utilize, put forward, put across, put up with, put through, pollution, executive, execution, evolution, diminutive, resolution.