Synonym: furnish, give, supply. Antonym: consume. Similar words: provided, provider, province, provision, video, divide, evident, evidence. Meaning: [prə'vaɪd] v. 1. provide or furnish with 2. provide what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance 3. determine (what is to happen in certain contingencies), especially by including a proviso condition or stipulation 4. mount or put up 5. make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain 6. supply means of subsistence; earn a living 7. take measures in preparation for.
Random good picture Not show
2. Nature does not provide everything we want.
3. The health service can't provide cosmetic surgery.
4. Does your employer provide a creche?
5. The report was not expected to provide any answers.
6. We provide help to families in crisis situations.
7. The new job will provide you with invaluable experience.
8. Cows were domesticated to provide us with milk.
9. We must provide demonstrable improvements in health services.
10. Oats provide good, nutritious food for horses.
11. Taxes provide most of the government's revenue.
11. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
12. I'll provide food for the picnic.
13. The report may provide further impetus for reform.
14. The law will compel employers to provide health insurance.
15. Can you provide any proof of identity?
16. Good sports shoes should provide a cushion when running.
17. Does the procedure provide adequate safeguards against corruption?
18. How can I provide feedback without making someone angry?
19. Many churches provide excellent pastoral counselling.
20. I have tried to provide some signposts.
21. All the athletes had to provide a urine sample.
22. The skylight will provide good illumination from above.
23. Small savoury biscuits provide a simple appetizer.
24. My pension will provide for my dependants.
25. Elaine wouldn't let him provide for her.
26. Most computer games provide some kind of wish fulfilment.
27. Parents need to provide their children with firm guidance.
28. We must provide for depreciation when calculating the costs.
29. We must provide decent housing for the poor.
30. He had to provide for five children.