Antonym: philogyny. Similar words: bogy, eulogy, disown, apology, biology, theology, analogy, geology. Meaning: [mɪ'sɑdʒɪnɪ /-sɒ-] n. hatred of women.
Random good picture Not show
1. It is often observed that misogyny and homophobia go together.
2. These replications of conventional psychology's misogyny come about because feminism finds it difficult to articulate links between subjectivity and political change.
3. When women write about misogyny, they do it from the standpoint of victims.
4. " Misogyny " means the sentiment or the topic of distorting and belittling the female's image, pushing all faults to the female in literature.
5. For the female images, there was a number of commentators felt that Updike was a "misogyny" writer.
6. Women are exalted, and sometimes the misogyny you see is actually a reaction to intense desire.
7. "I am troubled sometimes by the misogyny and materialism of a lot of rap lyrics, " Obama remarked. "But I think the genius of the art form has shifted the culture and helped to de-segregate music."
8. He argues that Bismarck's misogyny stemmed from his childhood when he found himself in a triangle between his cold, intelligent and ambitious mother, whom he disliked, and his weak, kindly father.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. Man's misogyny is displayed everywhere from man's leading societies to different cultural aspects, and also, in literature of male writers.
10. The typical defense to a charge of misogyny within the faith is that the covering of women means that they are more valued.
11. When these pictures were broadcast live across international television screens, it was obvious that the issue was misogyny, not theology.
12. The organizations women formed to bring about equality were just as often havens from intractable, institutionalized misogyny.
13. Woman-centred psychologists are also interested in language and the unconscious, in spite of the misogyny which they see in linguistics and psychoanalysis.
14. So should the habit of showing female models part-naked ,or in poses suggesting bondage, betray an element of misogyny in the industry?
15. Abstract: The western concept of the sublime overflows with masculinist bias and its major theorists, Burke and Kant suffer from misogyny.
16. And I want to suggest to you that part of the misogyny of the novel part of that misogyny is connected to this consumptive ethos.
17. Speaking of feminism and pathology, a recent Slate piece about the misogyny of porn moguls like Larry Flynt and Hugh Hefner rubbed you the wrong way.
18. From the west to the east, there is a ubiquitous phenomenon of misogyny existing in different societies and culture.
19. His unhappy family life, male-dominated western culture and misogynistic practice of western literature contributed to the shaping of his misogyny.
20. But women react to these psychological elements and understandably and accurately see them as a kind of misogyny.
21. What I am worried about is the way some porn sites and movies deliberately tie cruelty and misogyny and hate into those sex acts.