Random good picture Not show
1. McCarthyism is named after the American politician Joseph McCarthy, who in the 1950s accused many Americans of being Communists.
2. She was a victim of McCarthyism.
3. Many are the Crimes: McCarthyism in America . 1998.
4. The attempt to blackball it is neo- McCarthyism.
5. McCarthyism is the politically motivated practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence.
6. Not until you write your Congressman and demand McCarthyism once again be our national standard, the menage of Chila will continue to grow.
6. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
7. Originally coined to criticize the anti-communist pursuits of U. S. Senator Joseph McCarthy, "McCarthyism" soon took on a broader meaning, describing the excesses of similar efforts.
8. Critics are already saying it smacks of McCarthyism, a reference to the anti-communist hearings back in the 1950s.
9. At that time, however, McCarthyism prevailed in the United States.
10. Truman's "truth of war" and McCarthyism in the United States have accelerated the restructuring of foreign propaganda organ.
11. With his resistance to McCarthyism and quantum uncertainty, was Einstein disillusioned at the end?
12. Schrecker, Ellen . No Ivory Tower: McCarthyism and the Universities . 1986.
13. Back in the United States, McCarthyism is at its height.
14. Historian Ellen Schrecker wrote that "in this country, McCarthyism did more damage to the constitution than the American Communist Party ever did."
15. Next came civil war, Abu Ghraib, rendition, waterboarding, official McCarthyism, wiretapping and the slow destruction of key constitutional liberties.
16. His belief in the value of free thought and speech, and his merry willingness to defy authority, caused him to be an adamant opponent of McCarthyism.
17. It was the only time I ever heard Murrow privately concede that the fear with which McCarthyism was poisoning the soul of the nation had penetrated his soul as well.
18. Still, many Western intellectuals, recoiling from the excesses of McCarthyism, and hampered by lack of firsthand information, gave the benefit of the doubt to Mao in the decade that followed.
19. They argue that the attacks on climate science are ideologically motivated by those who want to delay any action on global warming and that it has resulted in a new McCarthyism.
20. I blamed him and his generation for everything from McCarthyism to the Vietnam War to Watergate.
21. Besides campaigning for a ban on nuclear weaponry, he denounced McCarthyism and pleaded for an end to bigotry and racism.
22. It was made by US president Harry S Truman in 1948, in response to politically motivated attacks against scientists associated with the dark era of McCarthyism.
23. The China lobby contributed to the paranoia that fostered the Cold War abroad and McCarthyism at home.
More similar words: joseph mccarthy, earthy, cronyism, worthy, noteworthy, farther, earth, cart, on earth, dearth, unearth, cartoon, carton, cartel, earthenware, earthworm, arthritis, arthralgia, earthquake, descartes, cartilage, magna carta, for the most part, cartography, bear the brunt of, carte blanche, move heaven and earth, put the cart before the horse, lobbyist, mecca.