Similar words: magnetic, electromagnetic, magnetism, magnet, field, genetic, frenetic, yield. Meaning: n. the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle.
Random good picture Not show
1. Pigeons navigate less accurately when the earth's magnetic field is disturbed.
2. The secondary current sets up a magnetic field inside the tube.
3. The earth's magnetic field is constantly changing in both direction and intensity.
4. As the particles catch Lucifer's magnetic field, it is extended into space like a fishing net caught by the tide.
5. The magnetic field that led to its discovery had vanished at the moment of that radio shriek.
6. Were the magnetic field to be found, Newtonians would celebrate a sensational victory.
7. Like a lighthouse beacon, this magnetic field has guided ocean voyagers for hundreds of years.
8. None the less, the earth's magnetic field is a much more reliable guide.
9. At the upper critical field the magnetic field completely penetrated the sample and it reverted entirely to its normal state.
10. The solution was a watch with a magnetic field strong enough to undo a zip.
11. It is linked to the magnetic field of the transmitted wave - not the turns of the coil.
12. The flow of a magnetic field is taken from magnetic north pole to magnetic south pole.
13. The magnetic field is thus one aspect of the earth that scientists have studied in detail for centuries.
14. A strong magnetic field made the electrons swirl around and so shed energy in the form of radio waves.
15. However, the weaker the magnetic field, the lower the frequency needed for a given ion mass.
16. The virtual particle can interact with the magnetic field and affect the moment of the muon.
17. A meteorite collided with Earth at the same time, delivering a one-two punch to the magnetic field.
18. The researchers relied on the ability of the material to repel a magnetic field, a trademark of superconductors.
19. The characteristics of optical fibre change with temperature, sufficiently to change the required magnetic field period.
20. This is not to say that these termites have no perception of the earth's magnetic field.
21. In a few rare cases, lava flows on land have taken place just as the magnetic field was undergoing a reversal.
22. Iron might not have melted and sunk to form the liquid core, and the magnetic field would never have developed.
23. At this time the Yohkoh images showed faint X-ray emission from a large closed magnetic field structure above the prominence.
24. Maximum resonance occurs at a specific conjunction of microwave frequency and magnetic field strength.
25. They sank a drill in the exact center of the magnetic field to get a core sample for study.
26. First there is a long-term trend caused by fluctuations in the earth's magnetic field strength.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
27. It does raise the question of how pigeons detect the magnetic field.
28. Each tooth has a separate winding which produces a radial magnetic field when excited by a d.c. current.
29. Until recently geophysicists thought that at this low point the magnetic field would also go haywire.
30. More strikingly, it demonstrated that a toroidal discharge in a toroidal magnetic field established its own stable configuration.
More similar words: magnetic, electromagnetic, magnetism, magnet, field, genetic, frenetic, yield, shield, vignette, magnify, magnitude, magna carta, magnanimous, magnanimity, magnificent, at one time, heretic, ascetic, pathetic, athletic, synthetic, aesthetic, energetic, cosmetic, reticent, prosthetic, empathetic, prophetic, anesthetic.