Synonym: arrogant, lofty, proud, scornful. Antonym: gentle, obedient, tame. Similar words: daughter, laugh at, burst out laughing, drought, ought to, a thought, at the thought of, haul. Meaning: ['hɔːtɪ] adj. having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy.
Random good picture Not show
1. He spoke in a haughty tone.
2. He replied with haughty disdain.
3. She has a rather haughty manner.
4. He spoke in a haughty, supercilious voice.
5. They were displeased with her haughty airs.
6. He gave me a haughty look and walked away.
7. The nobles treated the common people with haughty contempt.
8. The haughty Servants meet him with a Frown.
9. His haughty manner and refined speech had gone, and he spoke with the same accent as the sergeant.
10. He quickly angered countless officials, and his haughty presence sparked a long-lasting feud with Arizona Sen.
11. People thought of him as being haughty and difficult to talk to.
12. I saw a haughty little hedgehog and I was hooked.
13. Are frowning and haughty tyrants to be preferred to generous Lords?
14. She flicked him a haughty smile, then strode briskly on.
15. Jessica turned away with a haughty look on her face.
16. Bella came out of prison as haughty as when she went in.
17. A haughty girl is always unpopular at school.
18. He had an air of haughty aloofness.
19. The haughty Ione burst into passionate tears.
20. Proud and haughty scorner is his name.
21. Miss Pybus said she was cold and haughty.
22. The priest was a fat and a haughty man.
23. She was a lady of a haughty temper.
24. Arthur said, in a haughty tone.
25. Nobody could have been more opposite to the flamboyant Sukarno, or even the haughty Jinnah or the mercurial Nehru.
26. It is a face that masks emotion rather than displays it, a composed face, insular, a little haughty.
27. If he attempts to talk to you, you will flick him a haughty glance and say nothing.
28. Under different circumstances, this would have sounded patronizing, a wilted bouquet tossed by a haughty victor.
28. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
29. Kureishi is pleased by the comparison, as he says Seth's haughty looks find favour with women.
30. I became friendly with the woman in charge, a vast and haughty person who answered to the sobriquet Duchesse.
More similar words: daughter, laugh at, burst out laughing, drought, ought to, a thought, at the thought of, haul, exhaust, dough, enough, though, through, roughly, light, might, night, right, go through, thorough, as though, although, height, flight, eighth, slight, get through, all through, throughout, in sight.