Synonym: celebrated, famous, great, important, noted, outstanding, popular, well-known. Similar words: distinguish, anguish, distinct, distinction, distinctive, existing, disguise, altruistic. Meaning: [dɪ'stɪŋgwɪʃt] adj. 1. (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation 2. used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person 3. set apart from other such things.
Random good picture Not show
1) She distinguished herself in the arts.
2) He had a distinguished career as a diplomat.
3) Dr Miles was a distinguished scholar of Russian history.
4) The medal bears the inscription "For distinguished service".
5) The adult can be readily distinguished by its orange bill.
6) It seems such a pity that a distinguished and honored name should be commercialized in such a manner.
7) He was a loyal, distinguished and very competent civil servant.
8) She was distinguished from the other girls by her height.
9) There was such a crowd round the distinguished visitor that I could not get to speak to him.
10) The Chinese nation is distinguished for its diligence and courage.
11) The judge distinguished between many cases.
12) She has already distinguished herself as an athlete.
13) He distinguished himself as a great lawyer.
14) His plays are distinguished only by their stunning mediocrity.
15) I think grey hair makes you look very distinguished.
16) He was the most distinguished scholar in his field.
17) Many distinguished guests turned up at the meeting yesterday.
18) Francic is easily distinguished by his uniform.
19) He was a distinguished publicist.
20) Her red hair distinguished her from her sisters.
21) She distinguished herself in music.
22) She is a distinguished novelist and philosopher.
23) He distinguished himself in cowardice.
24) They distinguished themselves at the Battle of Assaye.
25) The young officer distinguished himself many times in battle.
26) The master treated him as a distinguished guest.
27) Let's look towards our distinguished guests.
28) He distinguished himself in physics.
29) Several fancy gifts were bestowed on the distinguished guests.
30) I think grey hair makes you look rather distinguished.
More similar words: distinguish, anguish, distinct, distinction, distinctive, existing, disguise, altruistic, in the distance, assist in, consist in, testing, disturbing, interesting, astonished, relinquish, dish, relinquishment, ring up, bring up, spring up, distend, distant, disturb, burst in, instinct, distance, district, distract, distress.