Synonym: precious coral, red coral. Similar words: corporal, oral, temporal, decorate, corporate, decorated, demoralize, behavioral. Meaning: ['kɒrəl] n. 1. a variable color averaging a deep pink 2. the hard stony skeleton of a Mediterranean coral that has a delicate red or pink color and is used for jewelry 3. unfertilized lobster roe; reddens in cooking; used as garnish or to color sauces 4. marine colonial polyp characterized by a calcareous skeleton; masses in a variety of shapes often forming reefs. adj. of a strong pink to yellowish-pink color.
Random good picture Not show
2. An unspoilt coral reef encloses the bay.
3. Oil spills are having a devastating effect on coral reefs in the ocean.
4. She was wearing a coral necklace.
5. A strand of coral beads hung round her neck.
5. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. We went diving on the coral reef.
7. Big waves hammered at the coral reef.
8. Although the coral looks hard, it is very delicate.
9. The ship was wrecked on a coral reef.
10. Coral is formed by certain types of polyp.
11. Coral can be yellow, blue, or green.
12. The island is encircled by a coral reef.
13. The incoming tides were bathing the coral reef.
14. A coral reef is built by the accretion of tiny, identical organisms.
15. Paul wore pale grey trousers with a coral T-shirt and black jacket.
16. Oil pollution could damage the ecology of the coral reefs.
17. These snails do not occur on low-lying coral islands or atolls.
18. The Keys are coral islands off the southern tip of Florida.
19. The first time you dive on a coral reef is an experience you will never forget.
20. He did so wearing his coral regalia.
21. Sections have been cut through well-preserved coral in limestone.
22. This accumulates on the sea bed as coral sand.
23. The last time he'd dived off it, the coral heads had been awash.
24. Marine scientists were pretty sure a coral reef, like any complex ecosystem, must be assembled in the correct order.
25. One has elongated jaws for picking between the coral stems, another may specialise in cropping a particular kind of small crustacean.
26. In Bermuda, Sam's father took him on an excursion to a coral barrier.
27. The women have elaborate necklaces of turquoise and pink coral.
28. They spent $ 2 million on environmental measures, he said, and hired biologists to replant coral that would be damaged.
29. Many of them were the tops of volcanoes poking out of the ocean, and most were surrounded by deadly coral reefs.
30. They graze on the algae that grow on the coral.
More similar words: corporal, oral, temporal, decorate, corporate, decorated, demoralize, behavioral, incorporate, redecorate, demoralized, pastoralism, corporation, corroborate, electoral college, foray, cor, rally, orange, morass, orator, for ages, core, corn, cord, rural, for a time, storage, scorn, score.