Synonym: habitual, inveterate. Similar words: confirm, on fire, confine, confide, confident, confiscate, confidence, firm. Meaning: [-md] adj. 1. of persons; not subject to change 2. having been established or made firm or received the rite of confirmation 3. having a habit of long standing.
Random good picture Not show
1. My suspicions were confirmed when police raided the property.
2. The results of the experiment confirmed their predictions.
3. The doctor's report confirmed our worst fears.
4. Gerald was 38, and a confirmed bachelor .
5. He is a confirmed bachelor.
6. The rumours of an attack were later confirmed.
6. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
7. New evidence has confirmed the first witness's story.
8. The experiment confirmed my theory.
9. We have confirmed the report.
10. Has everyone confirmed they're coming?
11. Flights should be confirmed 48 hours before departure.
12. What she said confirmed my worst fears .
13. His guilty expression confirmed my suspicions.
14. A positive pregnancy test soon confirmed her intuitive feelings.
15. It has been confirmed that Lewis's next fight will be against Bruno.
16. His words confirmed everything.
17. We now have three confirmed sightings of an enemy plane.
18. He was confirmed posthumously as a member of the Chinese Communist Party.
19. Brain scans have confirmed that the disease is in remission.
20. X-rays have confirmed that he has not broken any bones.
21. The Post Office has confirmed that up to fifteen thousand jobs could be lost.
22. The results confirmed his hypothesis on the use of modal verbs.
23. The President confirmed him as Undersecretary of State.
24. Walsh confirmed that the money had been paid.
25. The President confirmed him as Secretary of State.
26. Charles was glad to have his surmise confirmed.
27. The low profit figures simply confirmed my worst fears.
28. Preliminary results show that the vaccine is effective, but this has to be confirmed by further medical trials.
29. The rumour is that there is a sequel to the movie in the works, although this has not been confirmed.
30. There was no evidence of a connection between BSE and the brain diseases recently confirmed in cats.
More similar words: confirm, on fire, confine, confide, confident, confiscate, confidence, firm, armed, firmly, informed, terra firma, conform, confuse, confess, confused, conflict, confront, confounded, confession, conference, conflict with, confederation, confrontation, chairman, former, farmer, performer, formerly, infinite.