Synonym: ceremonious, common, courteous, polite, public, social. Antonym: impolite, martial, military, rude, uncivil. Similar words: civilian, civil rights, civic, heavily, divide, divine, activity, activist. Meaning: ['sɪvl] adj. 1. applying to ordinary citizens 2. not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others 3. of or occurring within the state or between or among citizens of the state 4. of or relating to or befitting citizens as individuals 5. (of divisions of time) legally recognized in ordinary affairs of life 6. of or in a condition of social order.
Random good picture Not show
1. He said a civil good morning.
2. He trained as a civil engineer .
3. He left the army and resumed civil life.
4. They were married in a civil ceremony in May.
5. I looked the Civil War up in my encyclopedia.
6. The criminals were deprived of their civil rights.
7. There are various kinds of civil wrongs(sentencedict.com/civil.html), or torts.
8. In June the civil war intensified.
9. The civil war lingered on well into the 1930s.
10. Voting is the exercise of a civil right.
11. How very civil of you!
12. I watched a documentary on the Civil War.
13. The Channel Tunnel project is the biggest civil engineering project in Europe.
14. plunged into civil war after the death of the President.
15. The awful spectre of civil war looms over the country.
16. The real danger is civil unrest in the east of the country.
17. This book surveys the events leading to the Civil War.
18. Civil war in the Sudan has been grinding on for nine years.
19. Dr Nussbaum is director of the Civil Liberties Research Unit at King's College, London.
20. Junior and middle-ranking civil servants have pledged to join the indefinite strike.
21. He called for a campaign of civil disobedience if the president did not honour the election results.
22. These ideas resurfaced again in the American civil rights movement.
23. His church became a sanctuary for thousands of people who fled the civil war.
24. The candidate nailed his colours to the mast on the question of civil rights.
25. This pillar is a monument to all those who died in the civil war.
26. He gained a reputation as being a staunch defender/supporter of civil rights.
27. We have been preparing our fighters to adjust themselves to civil society.
28. The country was sliding into a state of virtual civil war.
29. We must not be drawn into the mire of civil war.
30. Her family was given safe conduct to Britain when civil war broke out.
More similar words: civilian, civil rights, civic, heavily, divide, divine, activity, activist, division, oblivious, sensitivity, productivity, Thanksgiving, the cost of living.