Synonym: reply, respond. Antonym: ask, inquire, inquiry, question. Similar words: answer for, sweep, swell, sweat, swear, as well, fewer, sweater. Meaning: ['ɑːnsə] n. 1. a statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation 2. a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem 3. the speech act of replying to a question 4. the principle pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff's complaint; in criminal law it consists of the defendant's plea of `guilty' or `not guilty' (or nolo contendere); in civil law it must contain denials of all allegations in the plaintiff's complaint that the defendant hopes to controvert and it can contain affirmative defenses or counterclaims 5. a nonverbal reaction. v. 1. reply or respond to 2. give the correct answer or solution to 3. respond to a signal 4. understand the meaning of 5. give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument) 6. be liable or accountable 7. be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity 8. match or correspond 9. be satisfactory for; meet the requirements of or serve the purpose of 10. react to a stimulus or command.
Random good picture Not show
4. No answer is also answer.
7. Truth has no answer.
8. The answer was an unequivocal 'no'.
9. Please answer questions in the space provided.
10. I'm dissatisfied with his answer.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. She refused to answer questions about her personal finances.
12. He sought vainly for the answer.
13. She gave me a straightfor - ward answer.
14. The teacher couldn't answer the philosophical problem.
15. We received a negative answer to our request.
16. We sought long and hard but found no answer.
17. His answer was very vague.
18. Haig was desperately eager for an affirmative answer.
19. I've been ringing the door bell, there's no answer.
20. Rosie ran downstairs to answer the door.
21. I need a definite answer.
22. Answer with a simple 'Yes' or 'No.'.
23. I want a definite answer.
24. Can you give me a definite answer by tomorrow?
25. There is no definitive answer to this.
26. Do you have time to answer a question?
27. He can answer the question however hard it is.
More similar words: answer for, sweep, swell, sweat, swear, as well, fewer, sweater, tower, power, lower, shower, as well as, may as well, semisweet, flower, drawer, viewer, glower, empower, as it were, tower over, solar power, jeans, expanse, mansion, transit, transfuse, transfer, transform.