Synonym: distort, falsify, warp. Similar words: marble, garbage, harbor, carbon, nearby, carbohydrate, garage, garlic. Meaning: ['gɑrbl /'gɑːbl] v. make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story.
Random good picture Not show
1. He left a rather garbled message on my answerphone.
2. The papers had some garbled version of the story.
3. He gave a garbled account of what had happened.
4. There was a garbled message from her on my answering machine.
5. The Coastguard needs to decipher garbled messages in a few minutes.
6. You garble my words from their real meaning.
7. They "gobble", and Gore's gobbling soon turnssintos"garble".
8. Say again, you are garble.
9. The secret is used to garble the password, and the same secret can be used to retrieve the original password.
10. You might think based on that, that garble and garbage were related, since what's left once you remove the good stuff by garbling it, is the bad stuff, or garbage.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. And, finally, there are the people who garble or say their name or phone number too fast.
12. Naively literal, the signs garble English into hilariously strange phrases: one, outside a bathroom for disabled people read as "Deformed Man's Toilet".
13. The other day I talked about the word garble and explained that at first it was used to mean to sort the wheat from the chaff.
14. The injured man was still groggy and could only give a garbled account of the accident.
15. Most of the humor consists of watching Shore crack himself up with his own Valley garble.
16. A 30-second video available on YouTube shows an actual video of the bearded Al-Qaida leader with garble dubbed over his real voice and subtitles stating why he is right for the job.
17. But he didn't say that — and if he was garbling his words there was method in his garble .
18. So if two nodes tried to send packets of data to the hub at the same time, the resulting "collision" would garble both their transmissions.
19. To some extent, we can also prevent the third party to garble the transmission message through this scheme. The security of the algorithm is built upon the difficulty of big integer factorization.
20. If you give in to the silence — remember, there's no traffic noise as distraction — you'll pick up the faraway echo of footsteps, the hushed garble of a television from behind a shuttered window.
21. When I telephoned her dormitory and asked nervously for her, I transposed the syllables of her first and last names into ludicrous garble.
22. But the traditional Mode A/C has the shortcomings such as serious garble. So Mode S has been paid more and more attentions.
23. Be thankful that when you go to buy a pale, poultrylike entity, the grocery clerk will accept your credit card in good faith and even return it with a heroic garble of your last name.
24. Rhetorical devises are various, but those which operate in the increasing process are simile or metaphor, personification, metonymy , euphemism, garble and alias.
More similar words: marble, garbage, harbor, carbon, nearby, carbohydrate, garage, garlic, garden, gargoyle, cigarette, as regards, regarding, regardless, in regard to, avant-garde, kindergarten, regardless of, with regard to, able, blend, bless, table, cable, Bible, unable, foible, enable, ramble, double.