Similar words: smoke, nonsmoker, smoking gun, among, clamor, clamour, famous, dream of. Meaning: [ə'mɒk] adj. in a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon. adv. 1. wildly; without self-control 2. in a murderous frenzy.
Random good picture Not show
1. The army ran amok after one of its senior officers was killed.
2. The two dogs ran amok in a school playground.
3. Drunken troops ran amok in the town.
4. A soldier was arrested after running amok with a vehicle through Berlin.
5. The tiger escaped from the zoo and ran amok for hours.
6. Some drunken students had run amok in the college car park.
7. Troops were allowed to run amok in the villages.
8. No, our kids are not running amok.
9. Don't let him go running amok, Bill.
10. Double-entendre lyrics run amok at this sonic strip club from hell.
11. With Thatcher running amok through the welfare state, lobby groups are preoccupied defending what was once thought unassailable.
12. In court, several boys testified that roaches ran amok inside their apartment.
13. I think Mum worried that I might run amok and stick my penknife straight into Katie.
14. The natives had run amok without her firm guiding hand.
15. Our plans have run amok.
16. Yeeess! - This is political correctness amok.
17. A masked man ran amok in the town square.
18. He's running amok through the American car market.
19. The humour of the gods had run amok.
20. Private risk amok has plunged the country into its worst recession in decades.
21. In the same area, a farmer was trampled to death by his cattle,(Sentencedict.com ) a vicar ran amok in his church.
22. A science-fiction thriller about a planet that is mired in civil war and whose computerized defense system runs amok, threatening everyone.
23. Perhaps they had been staved in by a bath chair which had run amok!
24. They worry that agents sound a bit too much like computer viruses, which instead of running errands may run amok.
25. The Zekes come in against the line of P-40s, one runs amok as others erupt in flames.
26. There were Peace Rallies in the 1960s, with stone-throwing anarchists running amok.
27. But speculation about whether he had accomplices has run amok.
28. There is the pop psychology of the day, run amok.
29. The field mice , lacking natural predators, have flourished in numbers and are running amok destroying nature.
30. Mr Cheney's new memoir, despite its breezy self-justification, does little to dispel that notion, showing exactly how a vice-president can run amok.
More similar words: smoke, nonsmoker, smoking gun, among, clamor, clamour, famous, dream of, amorous, diamond, amongst, paramour, amount to, enamored, amoeboid, diamonds, in a moment, amorphous, camouflage, ultramodern.