Random good picture Not show
1. The court's ruling narrowed the scope of the affirmative action program.
2. Affirmative action was meant to redress the balance for minorities.
3. They are, like Steven, vehemently opposed to affirmative action.
4. Cose also tackles the issue of affirmative action.
5. Buchanan opposes abortion, affirmative action, immigration and imports.
6. Above all, affirmative action assuages white guilt.
7. Affirmative action in the workplace is under attack.
8. Proposition 209 outlawed affirmative action in California.
9. To its critics, "affirmative action" is seen as patronizing to women and minorities.
10. Dole also switched his position on affirmative action, saying he wanted to dismantle a program he previously supported.
11. The increasing hostility to affirmative action has rubbed off on the diversity movement.
12. The action is likely to reopen debates about affirmative action.
13. The crowd of affirmative action supporters included university students, government workers, community activists and business people.
14. The chief beneficiaries of affirmative action are university students and black businessmen, who are the blacks most likely to succeed anyway.
15. Affirmative action has been the most productive route ever for the emergence of minorities into the mainstream.
16. At the same time, formal affirmative action programs are likely to be weakened considerably in the move toward flexible organizations.
17. In relation to affirmative action, it was felt that the Act is very unclear about what is and what is not permitted.
18. It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which most companies will enthusiastically promote affirmative action as a matter of policy.
19. While trainers try to distinguish between the two, skeptics often view diversity as just warmed-over affirmative action.
20. Recent Supreme Court decisions have put limits on the use of affirmative action to assure diversity in student bodies.
21. The largest gains were made during the past 20 years of affirmative action policies, Herrera and others say.
22. Until now, however, the court has not reconsidered the workplace rules on affirmative action.
23. Poor blacks dislike the Republican attack on welfare; rich blacks resent the Republican criticism of affirmative action.
24. Does the bedrock constitutional principle of equal protection for all require affirmative action, merely allow it, or even prohibit it?
25. Dole is expected to endorse a proposition that is expected to be on the ballot next fall to eliminate affirmative action.
26. How much emphasis a non- candidate Wilson will continue to place on illegal immigration and affirmative action remains to be seen.
27. It seems hardly a week goes by anymore without yet another report of zany results of affirmative action in action.
28. The justices are deeply divided on such issues as abortion, affirmative action and the separation of church and state.Sentence dictionary
29. The survey found that 65 percent of the delegates favored abolishing affirmative action.
30. Weber, has been read as giving employers a largely free hand to use affirmative action in hiring, promotions and layoffs.
More similar words: affirmative, confirmation, affirm, reaction, take action, formation, information, reformation, misinformation, transformation, satisfaction, deactivate, protestant reformation, active, afflictive, actively, proactive, attractive, hyperactive, interactive, radioactive, unattractive, retroactively, affection, action, active transport, affliction, faction, legislative assembly, fraction.