Synonym: in check, in restraint. Similar words: control, out of control, control group, beyond control, controversy, controversial, on the contrary, under. Meaning: adv. unable to act freely.
Random good picture Not show
(1) It seems that the disease is now under control.
(2) Army officers said the situation was under control.
(3) The police kept the mob under control.
(4) He tried in vain to bring his temper under control.
(5) Is everything under control?
(6) We've got to get the economy under control or it will literally eat us up.
(7) If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
(8) Clancey was excellent at keeping the kids under control.
(9) I can rest easy, knowing everything's under control.
(10) By daylight the fire was almost under control.
(11) The fire has been brought under control.
(12) Please keep your dog under control!
(13) They soon got the situation under control.
(14) You must get your spending under control.
(15) Firemen said they had the blaze under control.
(16) There's no need to flap-I've got everything under control.
(17) The frost fire has been brought under control.
(18) Everything is under control[sentencedict.com], sir.
(19) Firefighters had the blaze under control by 9:44 p.m.
(20) The situation is still not under control.
(21) If the current violence is to be brought under control, the government needs to act.
(22) It took two hours to bring the fire under control.
(23) Her voice is under control, but she is almost shaking with anger.
(24) He had to learn to keep his temper under control before he could become a teacher. Sentencedict.com
(25) Routine maintenance of the garden consists of keeping weeds under control.
(26) It took almost 100 firemen to bring the blaze under control.
(27) He believes that from a military standpoint, the situation is under control.
(28) It took the nursery teachers months to bring their class of boys under control.
(29) Dogs are allowed on the trails if they are kept under control .
(30) From newspaper reports a picture emerges of a country barely under control.
More similar words: control, out of control, control group, beyond control, controversy, controversial, on the contrary, under, under way, founder, undergo, come under, fall under, undermine, undertake, understand, underlying, contrast, contract, undergraduate, contribute, contributor, contractor, by contrast, contrast to, contribution, contribute to, contretemps, to the contrary, percolate.