Random good picture Not show
(1) I think he intended it as a put-down comment.
(2) I see the term as a put-down of women.
(3) She couldn't think of a good put-down quickly enough.
(4) The whole thing was a big con,an elaborate put-down on a massive scale.
(5) A sharp put-down was the only way to shut her up.
(6) She was a master of the sarcastic put-down.
(7) My favourite put-down of all came from Chuck Berry.
(8) There was a horseshoe put-down and pick-up point between an ascending and descending ramp but parking there was prohibited.
(9) I didn't mean it as a put-down but I could tell from her response that she took my criticism personally.
(10) The best car, the wittiest put-down[Sentence dictionary], and the best dress.
(11) The comment was not intended as a put-down but simply a statement of fact.
(12) Roper, who is as sharp with a put-down as he is with a knockdown, has run out of worthy opponents.
(13) A Woman's Beauty: Put-down or Power Source?
(14) Each time I catch myself using a put-down, I quietly shift the pebble into the other pocket and say to myself kindly, "Well, maybe I can say that differently next time."
(15) Likewise, put-down humor can at times be an adaptive, healthy response: Employees suffering under a vindictive boss will often make the office more bearable by secretly ridiculing their tyrant.
(16) Put-down humor, such as telling friends an embarrassing story about another friend, is a socially acceptable way to deploy aggression and make others look bad so you look good.
(17) When challenged on their teasing, the put-down joker often turns to the "just kidding" defense, allowing the aggressor to avoid responsibility even as the barb bites.
(18) Your mate will consider this a personal put-down and will immediately move into a defensive posture.
(19) Write down these negative put-down thoughts and challenge them with reality.
(20) I took his criticism of my work as a real put-down.
(21) In the case of Pope it is the Essay on Man on which he exercises his gift for the magisterial put-down.
(22) Like it or not, you travel through life with your thoughts spell gloom and doom, that's where you're headed, because put-down words sabotage confidence instead of offering support and encouragement.
(23) And these words that are in some respect can be seen as humiliating, or a put-down to people with special needs, do cause pain.
(24) Listen to what change they're wanting you to make, ignore the put-down .
(25) If those thoughts spell gloom and doom, that's where you're headed, because put-down words sabotage confidence instead of offering support and encouragement.
(26) It is usually a waste of time approaching this woman; she may be ready with a castrating put-down.
(27) And since it contains its share of articulate losers, it is also about mockery, the put-down, the loser's shrug("whaddya gonna do").
(28) This Internet Explorer add-on doesn't offer nearly one-third, or maybe even one-quarter, of the sheer click-on/click-off options as the original, but that's not exactly a put-down.
(29) Every word that came out of her mouth was a criticism, a put-down, or a complaint.
More similar words: put down, put down to, cut down, shut down, outdone, outdoor, outdoors, without doubt, get down, set down, beat down, get down to, next door, put, put on, put in, put to, put out, put up, putin, input, output, put off, eminent domain, put away, deputy, computer, dispute, sputnik, reputed.