Synonym: annex, attach, clasp, combine, connect, couple, fasten, link, put together, unite. Antonym: detach, part, separate. Similar words: joint, join in, enjoin, coin, point, go in for, go into, appoint. Meaning: [dʒɔɪn] n. 1. the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made 2. a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets. v. 1. become part of; become a member of a group or organization 2. cause to become joined or linked 3. come into the company of 4. make contact or come together 5. be or become joined or united or linked.
Random good picture Not show
2. She beckoned him to come and join them.
3. She left her husband to join a women's commune.
4. These rivers join at that town.
5. The two estates join at this point.
6. Do you want to join me?
7. He qualified to join the club.
8. How does this model boat join together?
9. Why not join our free mailing list?
10. He has applied to join the army.
11. Draw up a chair, and join the conversation.
12. You have to join the party at grass-roots level.
13. I had to join a queue for the toilets.
14. Please join us to light off firecrackers.
15. Are you planning to join the union ?
16. Drag up a chair and join the conversation.
17. Will you join us for coffee?
18. I'll join you in a minute.
19. She ran away to join the circus.
20. Join the M1 at Junction 11.
21. Join the dots up to complete the drawing.
22. The two rivers mingle their waters when they join.
23. Join the two sections of pipe together.
24. Are you eligible to join this club?
25. We must first join the two wires up.
26. He refuses to join any community.
27. Join one section of pipe to the next.
28. How do you join these broken pieces together?
29. How do these two pieces join?
30. When did you join the Labour party?
More similar words: joint, join in, enjoin, coin, point, go in for, go into, appoint, point out, ongoing, point to, to the point, in point of, appointment, a case in point.