Synonym: at hand, close, imminent. Antonym: far. Similar words: on earth, nearby, nearly, near to, not nearly, far and near, year after year, neat. Meaning: [nɪr /nɪə]v. move towards. adj. 1. not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances 2. being on the left side 3. closely resembling the genuine article 4. giving or spending with reluctance 5. with or in a close or intimate relationship 6. very close in resemblance. adv. 1. near in time or place or relationship 2. (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished.
Random good picture Not show
1. The best fish swim near the bottom.
2. Better good neighbours near than relations far away.
3. A vaunter and a liar are near akin.
4. He warms too near that burns.
5. The best [greatest] fish keep [swim near] the bottom.
6. A near friend is better than a far-dwelling kinsman.
7. He who lives near the woods is not frightened by owls.
8. One has lived too near a wood to be frightened by owls.
9. Diligence is near success.
10. Don't go near the edge - it isn't safe.
11. There is a bush near the school playground.
12. He must be getting near retiring age.
13. Rose buds are near the burst.
14. The land flattens out near the coast.
15. The roads intersect near the bridge.
16. Joanne had a small dark birthmark near her hairline.
17. The high number of strikes resulted in near anarchy.
18. I couldn't find a parking space near the shops.
19. He looked mournful(sentencedict.com),[sentencedict.com/near.html] even near to tears.
20. She isn't anywhere near as kind as he is.
21. The wine was bottled near the vineyard.
22. Anne is a Lancashire lass from Longton, near Preston.
23. Are there any restaurants still open near here?
24. The corps are assembling near this town.
25. Is there a post office near here?
26. They vanished into the haze near the horizon.
27. Far water does not put out near fire.
28. This new freighter is near completion.
29. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near.
30. The fire which lights (or warms) us at a distance will burn us when near.
1. Don't go near the edge - it isn't safe.
2. There is a bush near the school playground.
3. He must be getting near retiring age.
4. The roads intersect near the bridge.
5. Joanne had a small dark birthmark near her hairline.
6. I couldn't find a parking space near the shops.
7. He looked mournful, even near to tears.
8. Anne is a Lancashire lass from Longton, near Preston.
9. Are there any restaurants still open near here?
10. Is there a post office near here?
11. They vanished into the haze near the horizon.
12. This new freighter is near completion.
13. The experimental farm is near the waterpower station.
14. Don't stand so near the fire-your coat is scorching!
15. The Post Office is very near,you can walk there.
16. The house was nowhere near the sea.
17. Do u know of any post offices near here?
18. We camped in a field near the village.
19. Parking near the school causes severe traffic congestion.
20. The troops were entrenched near the mountains.
21. You're right here, near Central Park.
22. The house is situated near the college.
23. We've found a great new restaurant near the office.
24. Don't stand so near the edge! You're frightening me.
25. I had a near collision with a lorry.
26. She supervised the children playing near the pool.