Similar words: obituary, sanctuary, gesture, tempestuous, manifest destiny, square, guard, quarry. Meaning: ['estjʊərɪ] n. the wide part of a river where it nears the sea; fresh and salt water mix.
Random good picture Not show
1. We moored in the estuary, waiting for high tide.
2. We live near the Thames estuary.
3. The river opens up suddenly into a broad estuary.
4. The stream debouches into the estuary.
5. At this point the river widens into an estuary.
6. At low tide in the estuary, cows graze on the marshes.
7. The Medway estuary is recognized internationally as a conservation area.
8. The ship has touched bottom, the estuary must be shallower than we thought.
9. And the estuary is beautiful, with mountain ranges rising on each side.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. The Mawddach Estuary has a rich variety of wetland and woodland habitats attracting a wide range of different species.
11. His embankment across the Glaslyn estuary was completed in 1811 amidst much rejoicing and ox-roasting, only to collapse the following year.
12. She usually builds on the shores of an estuary and there she sits devotedly, seldom leaving the nest.
13. Just the other side of the Humber estuary another long distance path heads through the flat lands of the Lincolnshire Wolds.
14. About midnight the wind freshened from the estuary, rustling the hawthorn in the hedgerow round the churchyard.
15. The canal was built to connect Sheffield with the Humber estuary.
16. A fractured pipe at a steelworks has leaked 20 tons of oil into the Severn estuary.
17. To the casual observer, the tide may seem to be the only movement of water in the estuary.
18. In the coming months, the project will take a stab at recommending solutions to the decline of the estuary.
19. My path ended in thick undergrowth, just where the estuary widened into the sea.
20. They had enjoyed each other's company over the last hour, hacking along the foreshore of the estuary.
21. It's been caused by a delay in the operation to move a bridge crossing the M4 near the Severn estuary.
22. Frith stood on the sea wall and watched the sail gliding down the swollen estuary.
23. The scheme involves dredging the main channel of the Medway estuary to provide a storage base for import-export cargoes.
24. Rafts and rafts of water birds floated in the flat sanded estuary.
25. So an elderly hulk was stationed in the Min river estuary as an interconnection at once secure and free from prying.
26. The path winds its way around the Newtown river and Clamerkin Lake providing some fine estuary walking and taking you inland a little.
27. The Voith Schneider propulsion system provided the high level of manoeuvrability required for port operations and for barge handling in the estuary.
28. Yellow-brown leaves spun downwards from high branches, and the calm estuary waters could be seen below, from between the trees.
29. The familiar figure of Selwyn Hopkins sat on the bench under the horse chestnut tree, gazing out over the estuary.
30. Tidal energy is harnessed in much the same way as that of hydropower, by building a barrage across a suitable estuary.
More similar words: obituary, sanctuary, gesture, tempestuous, manifest destiny, square, guard, quarry, quarter, on guard, quarrel, square up, guarded, mutual, actual, ritual, guardian, vanguard, aquarium, virtual, actually, guarantor, guarantee, punctual, virtually, eventual, habitual, perpetual, quarantine, stud.